Am I on the right track?

Makes sense……. if I could get rid of the allergy, it would be a major improvement. It’s slowing down, but it’s still nasty.
It likely will be until corals take up all the real estate. “The only place algae doesn’t grow is where it can’t”….hopefully that makes sense to you.
Lol, yeah, it makes perfect sense thanks for picking up that I meant algae not allergy.
 
Yes, I’ve been told that before on reef to reef by adding ammonium . the LFS guy said don’t do that unless you wanna kill your fish (lol) I’ve seen Miami reefs chart on how to do ammonium dosing but it still makes me a little bit nervous what do you think? Should I try over feeding a little bit first? this is the first time in testing in eight weeks that I had any nitrates appear at all.

Find a different LFS to get advice from. Obviously not knowledgeable.
 
Yes, I’ve been told that before on reef to reef by adding ammonium . the LFS guy said don’t do that unless you wanna kill your fish (lol) I’ve seen Miami reefs chart on how to do ammonium dosing but it still makes me a little bit nervous what do you think? Should I try over feeding a little bit first? this is the first time in testing in eight weeks that I had any nitrates appear at all.

Find a different LFS to get advice from. Obviously not knowledgeable.
It was actually sad by one of the minions working there. The LFS guy actually is a minimalist and he believes in healthy water changes and he said the same thing that many others have said on this post which is to slow down and just let things work themselves out seriously, thank you for your concern. I sincerely appreciate all you’ve done for my lnowledge through the readings that I’ve done of your threads.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new