Ammonia and nitrite

  • Thread starter Thread starter oscar132
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

oscar132

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
5
Location
belleville on canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been cycling my tank for two weeks now and the ammonia has been testing quite high at 3.7 ppm. I did a water changes and it didnt lower it. Then waited and did another, still didnt lower it, i wait more and do one 50 percent water changes it still didnt lower it. At the beginning i used dr Tim’s. And now i have been dosing seachem stability and prime. I tested my water to see if there was ammonia in that but it came 0. Could it be my salt? I have a new bag of instant ocean.
 
I have been cycling my tank for two weeks now and the ammonia has been testing quite high at 3.7 ppm. I did a water changes and it didnt lower it. Then waited and did another, still didnt lower it, i wait more and do one 50 percent water changes it still didnt lower it. At the beginning i used dr Tim’s. And now i have been dosing seachem stability and prime. I tested my water to see if there was ammonia in that but it came 0. Could it be my salt? I have a new bag of instant ocean.
What is the nitrite level?

The ammonia measurements do not make sense. How are you measuring them?
 
I went to a LPS and got it tested and it showed got this
IMG_2DCA9F90-2CB3-4E23-94A1-BBED02719837.jpeg
 
I went to a LPS and got it tested and it showed got this
IMG_2DCA9F90-2CB3-4E23-94A1-BBED02719837.jpeg
Friend, that's a freshwater test. I don't know if I'd rely on that. Do you have a "real" Local Fish Store (LFS) in your area, not a PetSmart, that can test your water?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new