Amoo's Dream Pasture

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they packing those tanks for shipping? I had to pay $150 for a crate for my 125, but it got here in perfect condition. Loads of styrofoam also. Nothing like 125 gallons of peanuts! :eek:

IMG_3100.JPG

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they packing those tanks for shipping? I had to pay $150 for a crate for my 125, but it got here in perfect condition. Loads of styrofoam also. Nothing like 125 gallons of peanuts! :eek:

IMG_3100.JPG

In this picture I only noticed the corvette. ;Drool
Nice car.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thanks to this thread I have officially screwed off for about an hour at work, not complaining. I don't know that I've ever seen a thread go 16 pages without the tank even being on location, this is a party I need to follow. However the 16 pages has gotten bird talk, whiskey, a hurricane, broken tank, and a new kitchen with side bonus of a can of copenhagen in one pic which I can appreciate. Looking forward to following along with this even though I'm crashing and wasn't on the invite list. ;Hilarious couple of things though

1) I like your response to IM and think they responded very well. Email is always my best course of correspondence as I tend to let cuss words fly when I get aggravated. I know that's not the best way to go about things but I can't help it sometimes.
2) I saw somebody say to mix Dr Pepper with fire ball, who does that? Fireball is to be left alone and drank in excess.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fair, you sparked a brain dump with something in your build thread and I kind of threw up all over the place last week :)
I is working and I appreciate it brain dump;):)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say regardless of feelings and back and forth, as long as when it's all said and done he is ensuring u walk away from this mess feeling compensated and relatively happy with the end game, then all your actions and tones have been a success.

So much b.s. for 1 simple shipment... cant wait for the actual build to start! Haha

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In regards to how these tanks are being packed.

Most things I have seen are packed in heavy Styrofoam. They are heavy packing in styrofoam on 3 sides, using styrofoam corners on the bottom and letting the bottom free float, then affixing that to a pallet.

From what they were telling me, the only time they have seen bottoms break is when something gets stacked on top and that in their testing the bottoms hold up better when free floated.

Either way I'm not really sure. I know personally I would prefer to see a crate, but it is what it is. Even though the next tank will be the third, it will be the second through the shipping system and should be coming via a different freight system so we will see.

I do know, if this next tank arrives damaged, I will be demanding a crate. We'll see though. In the meantime, I got lamp posts put up this weekend along the driveway, pulled out the grapevines, roto tilled the areas where the concrete truck put massive marks in the yard earlier this year...etc.

Safe to say I have enough projects to keep my busy, but will be happy when I get a tank in good shape.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANK UPDATE: Ok not really, but it sounded good. Paul said Logistics said they'll be in Monday or Tuesday.

In other news, I got a new 4 wheeler! No pictures yet because I still need to put some "toys" on the toy.

I did find time to get the fire pit going one night this week. It was just me and my buddy.

k5fcYAK.jpg

@Rakie

Ruu ended up bedding down on the table once it got too dark for him to see.

E5AWc57.jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Amoo, I bet you thought I forgot about you. That or you've been hiding from me. I'm really sorry about the broken tank. Have we heard word on tank #3? Is it shipped yet?

That fire pit looks nice. I have a spot I've been wanting to build a walk way from my porch steps to the gate in the fence. There is a big river birch and a pecan tree close by. Between those two trees and connected to the path I want a big round fire pit with chairs around it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I delayed on answering your question @Robin Haselden because I was having some back and forth conversations with IM.

I finally got to the point when it was late Tuesday and I still didn't have tracking info where I said to Paul, "Look I was told last week for sure. Last week came and I was told Monday or Tuesday for sure. Here it is late Tuesday and my tank still isn't shipped yet. I know it's not on you but whoever is in charge of Logistics need to get there beeeeep together and get my tank out."

I got a response back from Paul where he said he literally walked into shipping and yelled at everybody to stop everything they were doing and get my tank out ASAP. A few hours later I had tracking info. So IM logistics, not so impressed. IM Paul having my back and making sure I get taken care of, remain impressed.

PqlcTp5.png

In regards to the fire pit I STRONGLY suggest against one of the pre-made kits. The pre-made kits come with a metal insert and a price tag of $100+ more. I built the outer ring, got the river rock and the pit itself for less than I would have paid for the pre-made kit by just buying the pieces individually.

Got the last pieces in for the buggy today. Got everything done except for the flood hooked up. I'll take pictures tomorrow when it's finished.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I delayed on answering your question @Robin Haselden because I was having some back and forth conversations with IM.

I finally got to the point when it was late Tuesday and I still didn't have tracking info where I said to Paul, "Look I was told last week for sure. Last week came and I was told Monday or Tuesday for sure. Here it is late Tuesday and my tank still isn't shipped yet. I know it's not on you but whoever is in charge of Logistics need to get there beeeeep together and get my tank out."

I got a response back from Paul where he said he literally walked into shipping and yelled at everybody to stop everything they were doing and get my tank out ASAP. A few hours later I had tracking info. So IM logistics, not so impressed. IM Paul having my back and making sure I get taken care of, remain impressed.

PqlcTp5.png

In regards to the fire pit I STRONGLY suggest against one of the pre-made kits. The pre-made kits come with a metal insert and a price tag of $100+ more. I built the outer ring, got the river rock and the pit itself for less than I would have paid for the pre-made kit by just buying the pieces individually.

Got the last pieces in for the buggy today. Got everything done except for the flood hooked up. I'll take pictures tomorrow when it's finished.

Hooray, tank #3 on the way. This is the one im sure.

I was going to go completely hand made. I want to lay a stone path from the porch steps to the gate, then off the side of that build a patio area with an actual pit in the middle. I just need the motivation to go buy the stone, motar and a truck load of sand.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooray, tank #3 on the way. This is the one im sure.

I was going to go completely hand made. I want to lay a stone path from the porch steps to the gate, then off the side of that build a patio area with an actual pit in the middle. I just need the motivation to go buy the stone, motar and a truck load of sand.

Don't mortar the fire place bricks, just stack them. The shape will help it stay together and the air gaps left from not mortaring will help the fire breath.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back