Amoo's Dream Pasture

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anxiously waiting to know what happened. Hope the tank made it ok.

That truck is gonna leave a mark in the yard. Nice to happen at the onset of winter now that grass is going dormant.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
h29C535C5

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they upgraded the shipment and sent him a larger sized tank. 5x2x2, 150 gallons.

In the mean time, this is an excellent opportunity to invest in a diversified guinea bird portfolio.

The Vultrine Guinea bird
_DSC4438.jpg

The Crested Emo Guinea bird
Guttera_pucherani_-Hluhluwe-Umfolozi_Game_Reserve%2C_South_Africa_-head-8.jpg

And turkeys, because I guess they like to pal around
HEMEDIA_TURKEY_SAVED_02-e1355766205579.jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they upgraded the shipment and sent him a larger sized tank. 5x2x2, 150 gallons.

In the mean time, this is an excellent opportunity to invest in a diversified guinea bird portfolio.

The Vultrine Guinea bird
_DSC4438.jpg

The Crested Emo Guinea bird
Guttera_pucherani_-Hluhluwe-Umfolozi_Game_Reserve%2C_South_Africa_-head-8.jpg

And turkeys, because I guess they like to pal around
HEMEDIA_TURKEY_SAVED_02-e1355766205579.jpg

Lol

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or He is too busy filling the tank. Hope he is ok

I was thinking this but it has been all day. Fingers crossed. We may see that truck in the fire pit ablaze.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope not dead, you guys aren't getting rid of me that easy. They ended up calling in a Wrecker (large salvage) to come and winch him out. He was buried down to the gearboxes. He actually would have been fine had he not pulled up that last 6 feet. My driveway is hard packed, but backing out onto the dirt road could have put him in a ditch. I opted to have him pull up along side where the grapes used to be as I know it's semi solid over there. He opted to keep going forward and got himself next to my garden which sees no equipment or vehicles what so ever. IIRC we've had about 5" in the last week and a half so it was pretty wet.

TiIfY4X.jpg

JgVHbpC.jpg

In the second picture you can see where the hose is, that's where he should have stopped. As soon as he got out towards the garden and my shooting range it was toast. Needless to say I'm waiting to hear back from FedEx about how they plan to handle the damage to the yard.

The Good News is, upon initial inspection the tank looked good enough to sign for and have him unload. I honestly haven't had a chance to go any further with it then that and it's still sitting on the back carport half wrapped. Was busy with that truck Monday (we tried digging him out and boards, but no luck). Tuesday I had to go into the clinic to start working on price adjustments for next year. Tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment first thing, but I MIGHT get time to work some more on the stand. I really hate these short fall days. Hoping to have the tank wet by Sunday morning.

First I have to:

-finish new stand
-fill pool in my room with tank water and transfer livestock
-remove old tank, sump and stand
-remove old carpet
-add concrete board, tile and grout
-build out stand in place (too big to go through the doors in one piece)
-get tank in place, leak tested, plumbed....etc
-get SW made
-rinse and add the sand, rescape with some new rock combined with ALL the old
-make sure all systems are working
-make new salt water, add to tank, dose some NO3 and PO4 so they're not 0

Then I can add the critters back.

Good thing this weekend's college football slate is garbage.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope not dead, you guys aren't getting rid of me that easy. They ended up calling in a Wrecker (large salvage) to come and winch him out. He was buried down to the gearboxes. He actually would have been fine had he not pulled up that last 6 feet. My driveway is hard packed, but backing out onto the dirt road could have put him in a ditch. I opted to have him pull up along side where the grapes used to be as I know it's semi solid over there. He opted to keep going forward and got himself next to my garden which sees no equipment or vehicles what so ever. IIRC we've had about 5" in the last week and a half so it was pretty wet.

TiIfY4X.jpg

JgVHbpC.jpg

In the second picture you can see where the hose is, that's where he should have stopped. As soon as he got out towards the garden and my shooting range it was toast. Needless to say I'm waiting to hear back from FedEx about how they plan to handle the damage to the yard.

The Good News is, upon initial inspection the tank looked good enough to sign for and have him unload. I honestly haven't had a chance to go any further with it then that and it's still sitting on the back carport half wrapped. Was busy with that truck Monday (we tried digging him out and boards, but no luck). Tuesday I had to go into the clinic to start working on price adjustments for next year. Tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment first thing, but I MIGHT get time to work some more on the stand. I really hate these short fall days. Hoping to have the tank wet by Sunday morning.

First I have to:

-finish new stand
-remove old carpet
-get SW made

Well, the tank sounds okay. Huzzah!

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TiIfY4X.jpg

JgVHbpC.jpg

First I have to:

-finish new stand
-remove old carpet
-get SW made

Glad to here back from you, you kinda made us worry, sorry about your yard but it can be fixed, or... you can get advantage of it and dig a Pond !!
Most important , Congrats for getting the tank and I can't wait to see it filled and stocked.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too worried about the yard to be honest. Just last week I actually went through and roto tilled then drug where the concrete truck had put ruts in the yard this spring as I got tired of almost being knocked off the 0-stear hitting those things full speed.

Of coarse though the neighbor took the roto tiller off the tractor in favor of the bedder this last week so.....

Either way I'm going to need to wait for things to dry out some.

also @Maritimer yes, that Sherlock.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay! Glad to hear that the tank made it and that you don't have a permanent FedX yard ornament. :)

I had truck problems when they delivered my tank too, but not like what happened to you. I live on a narrow, dead end road with low hanging cable & telephone lines across the road. Trucks can't fit through all the way to my house. I gave them advanced warning about this. So, the driver backed down the street as far as he could and not obstruct the intersection with a main 4 lane road. Then the driver picked up the crate with a pallet jack and rolled it almost a block down the road. I tipped him for that. I worried for months about how that delivery would go.

Will be looking forward to seeing the tank come to life.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back