OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that's Ruuski. We had 3 but two made their way into the back yard with the dogs. My neighbor hatched them out in his brooder (he has 10) and I raised them from the day they were born. He/she think's I'm mom and literally goes where I go if I'm outside. He's learned his name and comes to it. I'm still amazed they have survived with how dumb they are, but he's pretty cool.

Going to get 5 babies next year in case we have a repeat dog incident. Ruuski needs to learn the back porch isn't his home, but being flock animals he doesn't venture out much. He keeps me company so I can't complain.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured I'd drop a quick picture of some of the stand work and lo and behold something jumped up on top of the stand and photobombed me while I was doing so

Anybody have any ideas on what I am to do with this?

cM2ARkb.jpg

I just saw the bird. Okay, so the turkey is going to have drink with you.

ReefInskeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda want a guineafowl now. R2R makes me want a lot of things. New lights, new tanks, etc. But this.... Most unexpected.

Doubt my girlfriend or the cat would appreciate a guineafowl in our apartment, though. Putting it on the list of, “The things I want when I have a large yard.”

Oh, I just thought of a name. And, I’ll have the pleasure of warning people who come over not to pi$s off my...YARDBIRD. Yardy for short. Ooo, I can have “Warning! Moderate sized bird guarding yard.” signs.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda want a guineafowl now. R2R makes me want a lot of things. New lights, new tanks, etc. But this.... Most unexpected.

Doubt my girlfriend or the cat would appreciate a guineafowl in our apartment, though. Putting it on the list of, “The things I want when I have a large yard.”

Oh, I just thought of a name. And, I’ll have the pleasure of warning people who come over not to pi$s off my...YARDBIRD. Yardy for short. Ooo, I can have “Warning! Moderate sized bird guarding yard.” signs.
Lol!!:D

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not going to lie, this salted carmel Old Smokey Tennessee Whiskey with a splash of Dr. P is pretty dang tasty.

@Fin I got my screens into today for my M1. I think I should hold off on test fitting until a later time when I haven't been indulging.

@mta_morrow no Achmed stays, but A for effort.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I lied, something must have made me brave....

WryJChq.jpg

Mine actually fit perfectly. It's snug enough that I don't feel I need to glue it in, but loose enough that if I really work at it I can get it out. (Ask me how I know after taking the connector out and test fitting....)

Also I can NOT believe this little pump is going to put out what it claims. Clearly it's going to, but I really really want to see it.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I lied, something must have made me brave....

WryJChq.jpg

Mine actually fit perfectly. It's snug enough that I don't feel I need to glue it in, but loose enough that if I really work at it I can get it out. (Ask me how I know after taking the connector out and test fitting....)

Also I can NOT believe this little pump is going to put out what it claims. Clearly it's going to, but I really really want to see it.
Yeah, mine fit like too. I really wasn't planning on using the union on the pump to begin with, so I just cemented it in. Yours is a little crooked, but that may be more from the Old Smoky. You will notice it later. :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mixed it? Never tried that. I like mine straight at room temp. Sweeter that way.
Not sure I could mix Dr. Pepper with alcohol. Doesn't seem right somehow. Maybe it's because you can drink it at 10, 2 & 4. Am I showing my age there? :)

Those Guineas, they make gumbo out of those down here. :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I could mix Dr. Pepper with alcohol. Doesn't seem right somehow. Maybe it's because you can drink it at 10, 2 & 4. Am I showing my age there? :)

You meant you can drink alcohol at 10, 2 & 4, but not Dr. Pepper, right? :)

Last edited:

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruuski is my new favorite thing, we demand periodic updates and random pictures with him lurking in the background.
Yes. Less build pictures please. More Ruuski. ;Chicken

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know the funny part about all this "We Want Ruuski 2020" stuff you guys have started is it kinda happened like that for me. They were originally brought over to the house to roam and eat bugs. I'm not a birds fan at all, they're noisy, stinky, loud...etc. They did this for the first few days they were out on their own and I was like "okay cool, got Guineas". Then when we were suddenly down 2 and Ruuski didn't know what to do things changed.

He literally sits by the back door and waits for somebody to come outside. (Yes my back porch is still a construction zone.)

37oEeoc.jpg

If I go in our above ground pool he will fly up on the side and observe. You can't just walk up and grab him, that's not cool, but if you're thoughtful about it, I have had him on my shoulder walking around a couple of times now. It won't be hard to get pictures with Ruuski photobombs, I'll see what I can do.

Also yes I realize I'm behind on welcoming new folks to the thread, I'll get you guys.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back