Amoo's Dream Pasture

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look of your kitchen! Nice and bright in there!! Following along, this is sure to be an awesome build thread!

The kitchen or the tank?

They should each have their own build thread!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safe to say we were busy this weekend. The countertops got put in Friday. The didn't have enough tile at the two Lowes within an hour of us, but we had enough to do the big wall so we got that knocked out this weekend.

WG5F3g6.jpg

The tank was supposed to be here on 9/27. I started calling the shipping company (Roadrunner) on 9/24 trying to figure out why they were showing the had it on their docks in Atlanta since the 20th and it hadn't moved. They said they'd call me back. I called on twice Thursday, the first time they checked the docks in Atlanta and said it wasn't there and that the third party company who was supposed to deliver it may have it. They said they would check and call me back. I called their regional office Thursday afternoon and they said they weren't sure what was going on, but the Atlanta office was gone for the day so they would email the California docks and have them double check to make sure it wasn't there then call me back.

Friday I was busy with the countertop installation so I didn't have time to deal with it. I did have time to send the IM rep Paul I dealt with an email, but I didn't hear back from him. Safe to say I will be calling first thing Monday morning and raising all heck until somebody can give me an idea where the heck my tank is.....
That looks like a really awesome place to clean a skimmer cup. :). JK, that job came out great!

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok folks, a post welcoming all the new folks will be coming later tonight. I haven't forgot about you.

In the meantime tank update. As I mentioned previously I sent out an email to IM last week to let them know about the tank situation. They got back to me Monday morning and told me they started looking into it Friday and were following up this week. Paul has been great about shooting me updates everyday about where they are with the shipping company.

At this point it looks like my new tank is lost (how do you lose a 267lb box?) so IM is going to be filing a shipping claim this week. He let me know there was some internal procedures IM has to follow to ensure the claim gets approved, but they should be sending out a new tank by the end of this week. This means I should be looking to get the new tank sometime towards the end of next week or the beginning of the following.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok folks, a post welcoming all the new folks will be coming later tonight. I haven't forgot about you.

In the meantime tank update. As I mentioned previously I sent out an email to IM last week to let them know about the tank situation. They got back to me Monday morning and told me they started looking into it Friday and were following up this week. Paul has been great about shooting me updates everyday about where they are with the shipping company.

At this point it looks like my new tank is lost (how do you lose a 267lb box?) so IM is going to be filing a shipping claim this week. He let me know there was some internal procedures IM has to follow to ensure the claim gets approved, but they should be sending out a new tank by the end of this week. This means I should be looking to get the new tank sometime towards the end of next week or the beginning of the following.

Shipping and reefing is not fun. As you know, it took me three tanks to get a usable one, but at least all of the previous ones showed up. Crossing fingers for you!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not gonna lie.. I got a junky finger painting app to point things out in photos. Like 7.3% of the time I use it for important stuff. The rest of the time it's stuff like this.

It's probably the best app ever
I need that. I like drawing horns on people.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my neighbors are scared they're going to run him over with a truck, golf cart, 4 wheeler...etc because he will follow anybody in my yard around if I'm not outside. If I'm outside he only follows me.

When the FedEx guy came today he pointed to Ruuski following me and was like "There's my buddy, he follows me back to the truck when I make drop-offs. I'm afraid I'm going to run him over, but he seems to get out of the way when the vehicle starts."

The sad part is they really are one of the dumbest animals I have ever been around in my entire life, so it wouldn't surprise me one day if he wasn't smart enough to get out from under a vehicle. I know it sounds mean, but these aren't the type of birds you just keep in a coop or in a pen. They are meant to be free range birds and have lived that way for thousands of years. How they have survived this long is beyond comprehension. It's not uncommon for one of my neighbor's birds to lay down in the middle of the road with vehicles coming at them....

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back