Anampses Twistii Help!!!!

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I picked up this wrasse along with a moyeri leopard and a orange fin wrasse about a week and a half ago from the lfs. I have noticed no aggression. It was eating well and looked extremely healthy the first few days and was eating Saturday morning before I left for the weekend. I got back Sunday night and he was buried in the sand. But I wasn’t too worried until I woke up in the morning and he looked extremely thin and wouldn’t eat anything along with not being very active and only going up and down the side of the tank. My ammonia has remained at 0 and nitrate less than 10. The video at the bottom is him now. I’m considering doing prazi pro but I know that isn’t super effective against internals. Please help I know this fish has some problems adjusting to captivity in general I just want to make sure I do everything possible to save him and if I’m not to protect the other wrasse in qt

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB21E47D-04B2-4953-AAA6-774CD6D7961A.jpeg

this was him Monday

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I’ve tried some different ways, but can’t get the video to play. Do you think you could link it from YouTube?
Jay

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he eating before? I agree she looks malnourished which doesn't happen overnight.

What are you feeding? Can you get some live black worms to try?

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he eating before? I agree she looks malnourished which doesn't happen overnight.

What are you feeding? Can you get some live black worms to try?
Yes he was eating before and was a aggressive eater. The weird thing is that he looked pretty full before I left Saturday and come monday his stomach looked like that and wouldn’t eat.

I’ve been feeding lrs reef frenzy and a few other single foods like pe mysis. I also put a small sheet of nori to see if he would touch that. He doesn’t touch any of them after going nuts for it before. I sadly can’t get bloodworms nearby. I don’t know if he would even eat them though he has barely moved these past 36 hours.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I’ve tried some different ways, but can’t get the video to play. Do you think you could link it from YouTube?
Jay
76F4F126-AA45-4F39-B166-D78A2CE5CEA3.jpeg

I’ve been struggling with video uploading lately I’m sorry about that but here’s a photo of how he has been. He’s only moved a tiny bit and that was to bury only his head in the sand. Then his breathing is also slow and labored.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
76F4F126-AA45-4F39-B166-D78A2CE5CEA3.jpeg

I’ve been struggling with video uploading lately I’m sorry about that but here’s a photo of how he has been. He’s only moved a tiny bit and that was to bury only his head in the sand. Then his breathing is also slow and labored.
Slow deep breathing is a general sign of stress. Rapid breathing is more a sign of gill disease. The lethargy is also a general symptom, and very serious of course. Trouble is, even in combination they don’t point to any

This is a pretty tough genus of fish to work with. In fact, I don’t acquire them any longer, I’ve never done well with them.

Jay

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow deep breathing is a general sign of stress. Rapid breathing is more a sign of gill disease. The lethargy is also a general symptom, and very serious of course. Trouble is, even in combination they don’t point to any

This is a pretty tough genus of fish to work with. In fact, I don’t acquire them any longer, I’ve never done well with them.

Jay
Thank you for the help Jay.
Yeah I couldn’t think of anything that the symptoms point too. I know the genus is challenging I did a lot of research beforehand and I thought I choose a very healthy specimen. But now im considering putting it down or continue to try and help it but prioritize the other fish to keep them healthy.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Thank you for all the help. I decided to euthanize him earlier tonight. I felt terrible doing it but I couldn’t stand watching him suffer and their rly wasn’t anything I could have done.

Rest In Peace little buddy, enjoy the reefs in heaven.

I have decided I won’t keep anymore of the genus unless I find someone on here selling a healthy o

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back