OP
R

reefinjordy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ok, it's not that harmful.
Just be patient. I would not do a water change for the coming 3 weeks as long ad you are in passive cycle mode, that is no fish yet.
I would do the first water change a week after I add the first fish.
Ai game plan now:
Follow the redsea dosing
Wait for diatonic and brown algae phase
Once u see that add cuc (snails and urchins) I usually also add one fish a week after this event.
Wait till diatom go away and green algae come instead.
Add more fish.
Slowly thu, do not add more than one fish every 2 weeks so you do not rock your fragile biological filtration..remember its building up, so help it by not introduc9ng sudden larg bio load.

And always remember, DO NOT chase every advice or openion out there...just patience.

Call me if you need help now or later.
Ok, that sounds like a plan. I have the patience just not the knowledge yet. And there's no fish yet. I wanted to make sure I knew what was going on.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And should I be using a skimmer at this point?
Yes you can. However leave it wide open and run very dry for the first couple weeks. This will allow the skimmer to break in during your cycle. Dont run it wet right now or you run the risk of skimming beneficial bacteria out of the water. Once it is ready for fish then you can start to dial it down to produce skimmate and pull out the organics.

OP
OP
R

reefinjordy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a clown fish Sunday with 2 margarita snails and have them in my 7 gallon tank for quarantine and the snails haven't moved and the larger 1 seems to have green stuff on his back and I think the green around him might be food but I really didnt think I feed th clown that much, pretty sure I didnt. Maybe he died but I have 0 ammonia. Really not sure what to do at this point. Anyone with info would be great.
2211163e7ba3a072037fee9c4d330898.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 164 49.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 30 9.1%
Back