Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That brevirostris is going to be better and better as it grows. Very cool fish that the average person really could not/should not have. Looking forward to seeing more pics!
I'll keep you posted! Love that fish and have two of them right now... one is a few inches larger than the other...

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking it out!

I need some Midas Blennies!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Well, of course! Maybe get about 20 or 30 of them!

I had to go back and read from the beginning...I'm at about May 2022 now, and even more blown away. If I hit the lotto, maybe I can pay you to build one for me? I can put a lot of blennies in a tank like this! :p After I finish catching up on this, I'll move on to your videos (subscribed).

Oh, and a queen angelfish in QT? Wow, my favorite all time fish since I was a kid. I always wanted an aquarium with one as a showcase fish. Is this fish going into your big tank?

Last edited:
OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, of course! Maybe get about 20 or 30 of them!

I had to go back and read from the beginning...I'm at about May 2022 now, and even more blown away. If I hit the lotto, maybe I can pay you to build one for me? I can put a lot of blennies in a tank like this! :p After I finish catching up on this, I'll move on to your videos (subscribed).

Oh, and a queen angelfish in QT? Wow, my favorite all time fish since I was a kid. I always wanted an aquarium with one as a showcase fish. Is this fish going into your big tank?
Thanks for running through the thread! And checking out the videos!

Love those queens too!! Once all the corals mature I may give it a try… they are coral peckers so I’ll wait and see… LOL :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7592.jpeg
IMG_7591.jpeg

IMG_7603.jpeg
70580891966__865661FA-58F0-4784-9C1F-0EB77C3AB3C3.jpeg

Playing a little fish with my brother Travis, Don, and Calvin! Trav is setting up his 550 gallon (10’x30”x36”) softie reef and his 600 gallon (9’x4’x27”) SPS reef! This is going to be awesome!!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave it was great to finally meet you in person. Had a great time drilling rocks, building a scape, and helping get the 10' filled. I will have to get back to Travis' soon ton see the SPS tank set in place and hopefully running. Some day hopefully I can make it to Utah to see your dream tank.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave it was great to finally meet you in person. Had a great time drilling rocks, building a scape, and helping get the 10' filled. I will have to get back to Travis' soon ton see the SPS tank set in place and hopefully running. Some day hopefully I can make it to Utah to see your dream tank.
That was awesome Calvin!! You have some serious scaping skills buddy!! So cool to have your son there to help us too!! Can’t wait to see your tank! You guys are welcome anytime!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7716.jpeg
IMG_7718.jpeg
IMG_7719.jpeg

Few acro pics in full lights during my shrimp feeding (12 Costco
shrimp cut up small - you can see some chunks in the pictures)

IMG_7717.jpeg

Meat coral 90” deep at the bottom of the tank doing great!

IMG_7720.jpeg
IMG_7721.jpeg

Few top down pics with the Hydro Wizard off during the feeding… Rockwork is disappearing :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the top acro above the blue tort?
The little nub is a colored down Walt Disney… the bigger one I got from Allen I think but not sure of the name…

(Asked Allen he wasn't sure so could have come from Jeff M.)

Still not sure LOL :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back