Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be cheaper in the long run but you'd have to put them atleast 2 feet from the water. I'd even say 3 or 4
Chatting with James at Orphek and this is what he was thinking:

Well to start with this is the LED chip layout I would recommend for either version. The bodies are identical in the 320 and 960 models. Just the wifi is added to the 960 model.

Chip 1 - 14K
Chip 2 - 460m blue
Chip 3 - XP blue
Chip 4 - 6k

I would recommend Six Amazonas 320's or 960's with 30 degree cups.

(I would have to put them 16" off the top of the water)

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chatting with James at Orphek and this is what he was thinking:

Well to start with this is the LED chip layout I would recommend for either version. The bodies are identical in the 320 and 960 models. Just the wifi is added to the 960 model.

Chip 1 - 14K
Chip 2 - 460m blue
Chip 3 - XP blue
Chip 4 - 6k

I would recommend Six Amazonas 320's or 960's with 30 degree cups.
I think you'd love the orpheks. Extremely powerful

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get them high enough above the tank I'd do it

I completely agree (obviously?)! Orphek make fantastic products and I really love the way they make my reef (and others') look. Might as well get the 960 for ease of use and controllability. They seem to be best bang for your buck as well since you'd only need 6 of them. Last I checked they were cheaper than the Atlantiks.

To get them high enough, you could steal the idea used for your skimmer and just recess them into the ceiling a bit. That would also allow you to route the cables, etc. and have everything out of the way.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely agree (obviously?)! Orphek make fantastic products and I really love the way they make my reef (and others') look. Might as well get the 960 for ease of use and controllability. They seem to be best bang for your buck as well since you'd only need 6 of them. Last I checked they were cheaper than the Atlantiks.

To get them high enough, you could steal the idea used for your skimmer and just recess them into the ceiling a bit. That would also allow you to route the cables, etc. and have everything out of the way.
Exactly. Plus even though people hate on orphek because diodes go bad. It's one of the few if not the only company that everything is replaceable. So you don't have to buy a whole new light.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They would be about 2 feet off of the water or more if I recessed them... like that they have replaceable parts

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would be about 2 feet off of the water or more if I recessed them... like that they have replaceable parts
It would look amazing recessed and then it's even easier to access the tank that way as well, professional looking as well

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E5F17AD5-2C8B-48D9-BFC1-DDC3EEC9596E.jpeg
608ABF3A-902E-4A7D-94B4-27075CE8561D.jpeg

Inside view with supports gone

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back