Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the time has come to pay the price of being sloppy with the panel silicone. (Originally planned on covering it with wood so I didn’t care too much) Don’t let the smile fool you, that was not fun work. Glad to be done with that part!
E2B70095-EDB4-47CD-AF35-178221DBE406.jpeg
5A02D619-FCEC-45D4-8711-93036B72421C.jpeg
73F5F235-ADB1-4543-928D-970A8B6D2F81.jpeg

That was a mess!! Even the tape came loose from holding the cardboard to the window during this process.
AFCD0523-24F2-4AE7-8498-E129A8D8658F.jpeg
Whoa

whats happening here? Grind the cement?

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is way too messy for indoor work and you look like you were involved in some heavy demolition. Sorry you had to go through that.
The shiplap and trim came out beautifully and this whole project is looking fantastic. I love the light rack and cant wait to see it with the lights mounted and wiring secured.
I don't know what you do for a living but you sure do know your way around many construction elements at a very high level and you move forward quickly. Great progress as always

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is way too messy for indoor work and you look like you were involved in some heavy demolition. Sorry you had to go through that.
The shiplap and trim came out beautifully and this whole project is looking fantastic. I love the light rack and cant wait to see it with the lights mounted and wiring secured.
I don't know what you do for a living but you sure do know your way around many construction elements at a very high level and you move forward quickly. Great progress as always
Totally agree. The pace of this build is impressive.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about RK2 systems to provide your filtration? I think many wholesalers used their systems over the years. I have not checked to see if they are still in business. Great product back in the day!

Just checked www.rk2.com

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your feedback! I’ve built a lot of things over the years but this is a first with concrete. LOL! It’s funny because I have collected a ton of tools over the years thinking one day I will build a big tank! It’s happening!
Totally agree. The pace of this build is impressive.
Thanks Scott! I have bigger kids these days so they all take off with their friends and that gives me time to rock the build!!

Except for the gear that his vendor has stuffed him on

sympathies!
appreciate your condolences! Still no word…
Have you thought about RK2 systems to provide your filtration? I think many wholesalers used their systems over the years. I have not checked to see if they are still in business. Great product back in the day!

Just checked www.rk2.com
I recently went to a large commercial build and they were using new R2K skimmers. They looked great! Definitely in the thoughts along with MRC.
Dave:

I'm another admirer in awe of this build. Quick question - what are you using for your linear motion between your static ceiling 80/20 mount and your 80/20 light frame?

Thanks
I ordered some curtain rails and rollers from a company in Canada - strip-curtains.com. Honest feedback is they are expensive and even more so with current shipping. Transitions between full mounts are a bit sticky…

If I did’t already have them I would just use unistrut, superstrut, and find some rollers that work well with that. Best, Dave

Theo_0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called, text and left some messages last few weeks with no reply. :(
What is the reason you don’t stuff Bill and get a refund? I think of what happens when you are all set up and 6 months down the road something happens to his equipment… if this is his presale attitude, what is his aftersales service gonna look like? Rather get equipment from reliable sources. It’s sad that you have to struggle with this issue. My sympathy

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the reason you don’t stuff Bill and get a refund? I think of what happens when you are all set up and 6 months down the road something happens to his equipment… if this is his presale attitude, what is his aftersales service gonna look like? Rather get equipment from reliable sources. It’s sad that you have to struggle with this issue. My sympathy
Good question, I asked for my money back multiple times giving him an out of he’s just not feeling it anymore or doesn’t have the time. He will usually respond and reassure me that he’s on it or waiting for a part to get it done. This is the second time I have purchased a full round of gear from him so I still think he will come through.

I understand stuff happens in folks lives that delay things and he’s had a tough run with his employee finishing up leaving him to make all the gear himself. His parents health has been bad over the last year so I’ve been trying to be patient (along with others from what I understand).

I’ve paid him $13,500 so far so it’s a lot of money that’s sitting out there.

I’m a DIY guy because I don’t have tons of money and that was a big chunk of my filtration budget. When I finally got the gear last time it was awesome. Skimmer skimmed like crazy!!
E4D23C9D-8BDC-463C-9F71-12BE02955FEA.jpeg

4361F9EF-9008-466C-9E69-21C8F0557790.jpeg
I guess I still hope he can get it done.

I’ll call on him again this week! Fingers crossed!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back