Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer!

I will be looking into sump building options if I don't hear from Bill Wann over the weekend. Reached out again a few times this week with no response so far.

I have built many tanks, sumps and acrylic things over the years. Was planning on doing this one out of PVC (which I haven't worked with yet). If I end up building a large acrylic sump for this one I think the dimensions will be like 6'x6'x3'or 4'. That would be the best fit for the room if I go with an external skimmer. If I end up doing internal skimmers (if Bill Wann doesn't come through) then I will be going with 8'x4'x3'-4'.

Here is all you need for your sump and Skimmer body
Poly tank for your sump
Poly Tank for Skimmer Body

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Have never worked with PVC either. 3' is sooo tall but if you have lots of dividers spanning the tank you could probably get away with 3/4 material. I built my 600 gallon tank out of 1" and it was a complete nightmare to machine. IF you decide to build it your self, PM me and I will give you the ultra top secret professional acrylic solvent recipe. It works soooo much better than weld on ever could.

cheers.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Have never worked with PVC either. 3' is sooo tall but if you have lots of dividers spanning the tank you could probably get away with 3/4 material. I built my 600 gallon tank out of 1" and it was a complete nightmare to machine. IF you decide to build it your self, PM me and I will give you the ultra top secret professional acrylic solvent recipe. It works soooo much better than weld on ever could.

cheers.
Don't give all the super secrets away...they are worth at least a buck!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cheers.
Thanks man I would love that!! I do need a better glue than Weld on for the thick material!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I missed it… what was the reason for keeping gold fish before filling the tank with salt water?

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7DCF02D4-FBE2-4651-934C-B404D62226AC.jpeg
C56D82EB-6FB1-4BAC-845F-53DCDC56E187.jpeg
55262692-1C81-4151-9F42-9A0E95D9E230.jpeg

Finishing the skimmer hole today!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news is Bill Wann called me on Friday and committed to send me some stuff early next week (titanium core for the heat exchanger, overflow were the two things he mentioned). Fingers crossed we can keep the communication open and I can get the gear!! I let him know I’m ready for all of it… ;)

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news is Bill Wann called me on Friday and committed to send me some stuff early next week (titanium core for the heat exchanger, overflow were the two things he mentioned). Fingers crossed we can keep the communication open and I can get the gear!! I let him know I’m ready for all of it… ;)
Awesome to hear!

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best news of the month no doubt

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back