Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - what a fascinating build.
Maybe someone asked already (sorry if its a repeat) - what are the plans to clean the tank physically? How are you going to get in there? or is that part of the plan at all?
Thanks! We will have a magnet to clean the viewing panel and then need to jump in a few times a month to deep clean and organize... right now I'm planning on getting a regulator and a wetsuit! ;)

Theo_0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dca22anderson , this is an inspiring build. I’m really learning a lot from your setup. Perhaps I’ve missed it, but really want to know. What is your preferred method of phosphate and nitrate export? What method are you using to keep ammonia 0, also, what method will you use to feed the corals?

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heartbreaking. Feel for you buddy.

Amy Poehler What GIF

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dca22anderson , this is an inspiring build. I’m really learning a lot from your setup. Perhaps I’ve missed it, but really want to know. What is your preferred method of phosphate and nitrate export? What method are you using to keep ammonia 0, also, what method will you use to feed the corals?
Thanks for following along... I use it as a journal to look back and see the progress come to fruition. I have a 8' tall x 2' wide Aquarium Engineering Skimmer supposedly finished and ready to ship to me. I will have some large poly tanks set up for water changes. I have a 6 bulb giant UV Sterilizer, Heat Exchanger, and PVC sump being sent from AE as well. Cross my fingers!
1629305180879.png

I love tangs and am an over feeder by nature so fish waste will feed the corals with some other foods I mix it up with.
Basically just biggie sizing what I have done in the past and may just add a large sand type filter if needed. Still working that all through but that's my plan for now... Best, Dave

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a epic build, nicely done!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back