Andre's Reef Moonshiners Lagoon

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragging is nice and easy and it's different for sure.
Have another one like this but twice as high in the works soon ;-)
The A Team 80S GIF

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OG was a beautiful tank. I can't use FB.... wish I could see the rest of the updates. I've heard about Reef Moonshiners but I can't access the FB group. Looks like it works wonders though... beautiful reef!!

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OG was a beautiful tank. I can't use FB.... wish I could see the rest of the updates. I've heard about Reef Moonshiners but I can't access the FB group. Looks like it works wonders though... beautiful reef!!
I'm not on Facebook either, but I've read both guides like 20 times and just started RM this past week. It seems like several times a day I have a question come up that's answered by Andre's handbooks

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update here in a minute ;-)
Unfortunately still no intense build directions :-(

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here a quick Video of todays Lagoon Tank after the Ostreopsis Dinoflagellate outbreak, which I had to drastically correct the tank after even losing Corals and other Livestock from it's toxins. That was the point I went back to old school methods to resolve that situation. 2 days later the tank turned back into a normal Reef Aquarium and this Video is from a few weeks later.
Lot of Corals were replaced from the losses and some others you see that look pretty rough still, are basically recovering extremely well and quickly.
Thanks to Joey Vara AKA Angryowl for "donating" mini colonies of many corals I lost to the Ostreopsis
1f609.png

I will have to release a detailed video on the Reef Moonshiner's Channel about how I eradicated so quickly the Dinoflagellates which need a detailed description for you folks.

So I used this Video opportunity to warm up with Video editing software for the YouTube Channel I will use to mentor around the hobby, so stay tuned for that.

By the way, a legit 300Gallon Waterbox tank is in the works.............. can't live without a real Tank ;-)

Happy Reefing,
Andre Mueller
Reef Moonshiner's

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here a quick Video of todays Lagoon Tank after the Ostreopsis Dinoflagellate outbreak, which I had to drastically correct the tank after even losing Corals and other Livestock from it's toxins. That was the point I went back to old school methods to resolve that situation. 2 days later the tank turned back into a normal Reef Aquarium and this Video is from a few weeks later.
Lot of Corals were replaced from the losses and some others you see that look pretty rough still, are basically recovering extremely well and quickly.
Thanks to Joey Vara AKA Angryowl for "donating" mini colonies of many corals I lost to the Ostreopsis
1f609.png

I will have to release a detailed video on the Reef Moonshiner's Channel about how I eradicated so quickly the Dinoflagellates which need a detailed description for you folks.

So I used this Video opportunity to warm up with Video editing software for the YouTube Channel I will use to mentor around the hobby, so stay tuned for that.

By the way, a legit 300Gallon Waterbox tank is in the works.............. can't live without a real Tank ;-)

Happy Reefing,
Andre Mueller
Reef Moonshiner's

@dragon99 Man, I need a piece of that blue bottlebrush at some point again :-(

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dragon99 Man, I need a piece of that blue bottlebrush at some point again :-(
well crap, I lost mine also like 2 weeks after I sent you the frag. Both little colonies RTN'd within a couple days. I had a bout with ostreopsis dinos too late last year ;Sorry

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it continued in another journey ;-)

Build in progress.....................................
Got so busy, I will use the new tank for YouTube channel only.
Barely have time to post details unfortunately.

-Andre

IMG_4308.jpg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@PSXerholic cool! thank you for using it for youtube, as I am not on facebook! I talked to a friend of mine about your program and he just ordered all his elements a few days ago! I think I am next....haha
corey
Do it! It will make reefing easier and you'll have more control. If you haven't done so, download the handbook for free and give it a read (or two).

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read it 4-5 times. My reef is pretty simple as is. i need it simple since I travel for work and am back in college.
my big question is all the corals look great in the moonshiners program, but what about those that don’t run the overly blue tanks. What do their coral colors look like??

corey

Back