ANEMONE ACCLIIMATION TO LIGHT

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new HD Prime 16 light and have had no idea on how to set it for my tank. Ive been trying so many different setting son the one week ive had it and now my anemone is ugly and doesn't seem to be thriving as it was since I bought it a few months ago. It was a perfect bta. What settings are you guys using for your BTA'as and mixed reef 20-30 gal tank. Im positive my anemone will recover with the proper settings and stability with the light. I know this is a powerful light coming from a Pixie30. Which the power adapter burned out.

IMG_6325.JPG IMG_3079.JPG

M

Max_nano

View Badges
Check out the BRS review on the prime, they have a recommendation for mounting height then provide a rough estimate of the par you should expect in certain areas. I had an AI Prime over my nuvo 10 and then over my Red Sea 170, I ran the Coral labs AB+ spectrum at 70% intensity. I wouldn’t worry too much about getting the light perfect for the nem besides spectrum, it will walk to the par it wants.

OP
OP
Keen4

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the BRS review on the prime, they have a recommendation for mounting height then provide a rough estimate of the par you should expect in certain areas. I had an AI Prime over my nuvo 10 and then over my Red Sea 170, I ran the Coral labs AB+ spectrum at 70% intensity. I wouldn’t worry too much about getting the light perfect for the nem besides spectrum, it will walk to the par it wants.
I saw that video. The suggestions for the lighting settings were way too high dont you think? I have the AB+ saved in my settings- maybe I will try that out for a week.

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that video. The suggestions for the lighting settings were way too high dont you think? I have the AB+ saved in my settings- maybe I will try that out for a week.
No, I do not believe the BRS recommended settings are "way too high". BRS produces some of the most valuable videos in our hobby, and that lighting video is a good example. They have tested almost every common bulb and LED out there and know what they are talking about. If you are using lower settings currently then just bring them up a little every week for a month. Just make sure there is room for the anemone to move lower and partially shade itself if it decides the light is too intense, but I expect once it acclimate you may find it reaching high into the light.

M

Max_nano

View Badges
No, I do not believe the BRS recommended settings are "way too high". BRS produces some of the most valuable videos in our hobby, and that lighting video is a good example. They have tested almost every common bulb and LED out there and know what they are talking about. If you are using lower settings currently then just bring them up a little every week for a month. Just make sure there is room for the anemone to move lower and partially shade itself if it decides the light is too intense, but I expect once it acclimate you may find it reaching high into the light.
You can even use the acclimation feature in the app to slowly have the intensity increase over a period of time.

OP
OP
Keen4

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running AB+ and this is how my anemone looks now. Im so disappointed. I wish I never bought this light. The second picture is the before on the old light that broke. $130 trashed down the drain. This sucks.

IMG_3079.JPG IMG_6325.JPG

OP
OP
Keen4

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using the ab + settings with the intensity lowered a little bit and now my bta is so happy. Its actually grown a little bigger and got its bubbles back. Not the same color but still looks really happy now. He has a porcelain crab hosting.

IMG_3452 2.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back