Anemone and Cleaner Shrimp

mike_jorg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon aquarium and have had 2 clowns and a cleaner shrimp (along with some corals) for about a year.

Last week we decided to add an anemone to the tank, and it seems to be doing alright overall (one of the clowns has even shown pretty consistent interest in the nem).

My issue is that the cleaner shrimp perches right about the anemone and fends off the clowns as well as seems to be aggravating the anemone (most notably today).

Any thoughts on this overall?

(Would also welcome advice on whatever type of algae is annihilating that rock. There are 2 rocks where it is present, the rest of the tank is spotless.)

IMG_3439.JPG

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae has that fern look, could be byropsis unfortunately. Looks like you could probably use an upgrade in your cuc and some detritus removal.

I would just remove the cleaner shrimp if the issue continues, some cleaner shrimp become real problem makers. It would not surprise me if the shrimp went after food within the anemone's gut.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ That is a good start, it will take awhile to see results. You could try some dwarf hermits, an urchin might help to move that down as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back