Anemone for B&W Ocellaris Pair

Discussion in 'Anemone & Clownfish Discussion' started by BlueWorldJeff, Oct 25, 2017.

1. BlueWorldJeff

BlueWorldJeff Well-Known Member

Tank: 180 gallon Mixed Reef, 3 live rock pillars
    [​IMG]

Livestock:
    Dejardini Sailfin Tang
    Yellow Eye Kole Tang
    Flame Angel
    Checkerboard Wrasse
    Leopard Wrasse
    Blue Chromis x 2
    B&W Ocellaris Clowns
    Blue Spot Goby

I'm wondering if I can get an anemone for my clownfish pair. Since I only have three live rock pillars where my SPS and LPS corals live, they tend to hang out by the corner of the back glass and overflow. It just looks like they would like something to hang out in, since they dont move much.

Is there an anemone that wont harm my tank that I could put in that corner where there is a chance the clowns will hang out in it? I could put some live rock back there if that is what the anemone likes.

2. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2018

Carpet will be awesome.
    Not to worry about it moving over your rock stinging the living day light out your other corals or getting stuck into your pumps and crashing your tank.

3. BlueWorldJeff

Is there a certain carpet anemone that it's easier to keep than others?

4. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2018

Not one anemone is easy as they all need a well stabilized tank, right flow and light.
    The haddoni seems to be the easy and most readily available in stores or by some R2R sponsors.

5. BlueWorldJeff

Would my checkerboard wrasse cause a problem with an anemone? I have Euphyllia torches and hammers that it leave alone

6. Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa Well-Known Member

If you get a carpet anemone then you would worry about your wrasses being eaten by the carpet soon or later :p

Draft saved Draft deleted