Anemone ID - unusual

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lewbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hell’s fire anemones are from the genus Actinodendron.

Heterodactyla hembrichii is not a Hell’s fire anemone. Only the verrucae sting. I can see the verrucae quite clearly on some of the pictures in the first post.
Like most common name, Hell’s Fire anemone is imprecise. I think several anemones are called Hell’s fire. H. hembrichii have the berry tentacles which this anemone does not have. And the OP stated that there are no prominent verrucae
 
A better picture of the mystery anemone, it appears to like the sand which is maybe a clue.

I re looked at it, it does have verrucae, sorry, they’re very similar to the body colour so was hard to spot.

@OrionN so you think the malu’s tentacles will get longer?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4735.jpeg
    IMG_4735.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4736.jpeg
    IMG_4736.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 42
A better picture of the mystery anemone, it appears to like the sand which is maybe a clue.

I re looked at it, it does have verrucae, sorry, they’re very similar to the body colour so was hard to spot.

@OrionN so you think the malu’s tentacles will get longer?
Yes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new