Anemone not eating?!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JadeM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JadeM

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2015
Messages
413
Reaction score
116
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i have a extra large seabae Heteractis crispa anemone is refusing to eat after 4 weeks in my reef...ive tried brine shrimp, mysis, shrimp, small frozen fish and still not luck....however i do see him poo every now and then, but then again there is no fish currently in the tank...any idea o what i should do/try? thanks alot :)
 
I'm not sure of the length of time for digestion, but if you have poop...I think it's eating. Do you have pods? Also a tiny piece of raw shrimp is what a friend feeds.
 
I'm not sure of the length of time for digestion, but if you have poop...I think it's eating. Do you have pods? Also a tiny piece of raw shrimp is what a friend feeds.
yeah i do have pods, and thats what i am going to try and feed next thanks :)
 
I'd be willing to bet it's already eating pods. I watched my hammer do it too.
 
You don't have to feed them. Most of the time they won't digest the food you feed them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new