Anemone only tanks?

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an anemone only tank? Or predominantly anemones? I was just thinking about what it would look like yesterday and if anyone has actually done it.

morpheas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also check @melev 's youtube channel. He has an anemone cube tank tied into his main DT plumbing (I think they're one plumbing If I remember correctly). That and the BRS as suggested by CodyRVA are the most beautiful and thriving I've seen.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking the way that anemone and clown tank that brs has looks. It would be sweet to have a tank like that one day.

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also check @melev 's youtube channel. He has an anemone cube tank tied into his main DT plumbing (I think they're one plumbing If I remember correctly). That and the BRS as suggested by CodyRVA are the most beautiful and thriving I've seen.

Yes, they are tied together into the same sump.

angled-shot-ftss.jpg

Kami2011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to start a anemone tank I would try to get CC's anemones

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beyond BTA, carpet, and various clownfish hosting anemones.....

.... John Tullock's book "The Natural Reef Aquarium" describes his idea for an anemone "flower garden". It's inspired by areas of the shallow inshore zone of Florida Keys that he saw during his grad school research days. Basically, it's a variety of Rock Flower anemones arranged like a flower garden over high intensity daylight lighting, and live rock. (KP aquatics sells "premium" 3 and 10 anemones packs suitable for such a tank). You can also add Condylactis and curlicue anemones.

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started one. Only 2 anemones so far but the goal is for it to be full of rock flowers and bubble tips. There are kenyi trees and pulsing xenia in there to0 that I did not want to transfer over to the new tank. Tank is 37g with 15g sump.
20180305_101315.jpg

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beyond BTA, carpet, and various clownfish hosting anemones.....

.... John Tullock's book "The Natural Reef Aquarium" describes his idea for an anemone "flower garden". It's inspired by areas of the shallow inshore zone of Florida Keys that he saw during his grad school research days. Basically, it's a variety of Rock Flower anemones arranged like a flower garden over high intensity daylight lighting, and live rock. (KP aquatics sells "premium" 3 and 10 anemones packs suitable for such a tank). You can also add Condylactis and curlicue anemones.

I will have to look into these other anemones. Right now planning bubble tips and rock flowers

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful is this still up and running?

Still is!
Changed things around a bit, went bare bottom after a bout of Dinos.

The branching frogspawn is the only Euphyllia in there now. Chalices got moved to the frag tank, not stable enough for them in the Nano.

The green anemones shrunk to smaller size and moved to the back of the rocks after I put the Kessil 160 over the tank. The rainbow and red BTA's have split a few times. So have the Jawbreakers. There is another Red BTA on the backside of the rocks.

Nano 3-2018.jpg

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back