Anemone Tank

neseypooh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering changing my tank to a clown & nem tank, I do understand there is care involved and my tank is looking great and the param's seem stable, but I don't just want to plop an anemone in and that be it. I want to be prepared... if I can be.

So I have a 29 Biocube and I have a clown, a Half-blue damsel, and a sailfin** juvenile in it.

** yes, I know this fish will need to be moved once he's bigger. (i plan on moving him into my 90 gallon at some point).

I also have plenty of rock, a green star polyp, a leather, and frogspawn along with a CUC.

Will I need to remove the corals and all other fish or can I leave in what I have? Also, what about light we currently have a standard biocube hood with CF lights, will I need to upgrade the lighting to accommodate the nem's?

Also, can I mix nems, LTA or BTA specifically or stay with one kind? Also can I keep more than 1 LTA or BTA in my 29g tank?

Feeding - I think I understand feeding.... I currently own sun corals, brains, etc that I have to feed in my bigger tank. 1smile1

All advise is appreciated!!

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I have been debating for my next tank as well.
Now take what I say with a grain of salt, like you should all advise, but from my experience you can mix multiple LTA and BTA in the same tank. Do you know how many watts the CF lights put off? Is it for the small or large biocube? It should be enough, be sure to give them some flow too, a couple powerheads will suffice if you don't already have any. Maybe a Koralia 2 and 3 in there. To give them different flow or if you can afford it go with a Vortech! :D

Put the Anemone in before the coral, maybe move the coral to the 90 for now until the anemones find a place they like, even then they are un-predictable and will still move!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back