Anemone vs Macroalgae

RobinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am plumbing a 29g into my 90g sump and 125g long tank. I want it planted for dual reasons, extra nutrient export, and will probably use it as a breeding tank between my clowns and PJ cardinals. I would love to move my 2 rainbow BTA's over to this tank also. I'm thinking the damage they would cause my macroalgae has to be far less than walking over my corals. They pretty much stay put, but they do seem to like moving around one main rock in the middle of the tank. They are from the same mother, but don't think they like each other much. I cannot find any info on how bad an anemone can damage macroalgae. I plan on ulva, gracillaria, and any other pretties I can find.
I will be using a Nautilous 3200 to return to both tanks, with control valves of course, and will be drilling for an eshopps M overflow. I cannot imagine or begin to guess how badly the macroalgae can be stung by an anemone. Any experience with this anyone?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As far as I'm aware, macroalgae can't be stung by anemones at all. There's no flesh for the nematocysts and their venom to act on. Like how a bee stinging a plant won't do anything but leave a tiny hole.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back