Anemone & Wavemaker

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much every wave maker has the ability to be modified to make it safer for your anenomes.

I use this product readily available on Amazon.

Works for flat and cone shaped as well as gyre pumps. I used 4 lb fishing line to secure it to the pumps.

Screenshot_20210810-124029.png

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've DIY'd some guards by cutting up some old nets and using cable ties to mount them on the pumps. My BTA's stay on their rocks so I don't use any guards anymore. We'll find out eventually whether this was a wise move or not haha

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used guards in 10 years or so, healthy anemones will survive and be able to move away from most powerheads.
Easy inexpensive way is a rubberband and some filter floss around the powerhead, once the nem settles it should be fine to remove.

MediocreAtEverything

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lost my anemone to my gyre pump with mesh covers. It didn't make it 12 hours. It wouldn't attach to anything. I turned the pumps off for hours and thought it had settled and then restarted the pumps on minimum. Woke up to a hundred bright tentacles all over my sand bed and pile of goo in the pump.

OP
OP
J

Jon.theReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lost my anemone to my gyre pump with mesh covers. It didn't make it 12 hours. It wouldn't attach to anything. I turned the pumps off for hours and thought it had settled and then restarted the pumps on minimum. Woke up to a hundred bright tentacles all over my sand bed and pile of goo in the pump.
omg that's traumatic

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back