Anemone

Kittykat4797

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea of my anemone has a death wish. My rainbow keeps trying to move/go under my orange tip and it is stressing out help!

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your orange tip is another BTA, you don't have anything to worry about. If you subscribe to the notion that BTAs have allelopathy towards one another, then they don't have to touch to damage one another.

OP
OP
K

Kittykat4797

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your orange tip is another BTA, you don't have anything to worry about. If you subscribe to the notion that BTAs have allelopathy towards one another, then they don't have to touch to damage one another.
My rainbow BTA seems to be fighting with my orange tip BTA over a certain spot in my tank and always ends up stressed and tiny with its stomach out.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think two btas being next to each other is the cause. I think this is a case of telling us all about your tank, age, lighting, params, pics, etc

OP
OP
K

Kittykat4797

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think two btas being next to each other is the cause. I think this is a case of telling us all about your tank, age, lighting, params, pics, etc
I assumed it was the BTA’s because when my rainbow is moved it completely opens and bubbles stomach goes back in color is better but then it moves again to that spot the orange tip is in and the cycle restarts

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried moving it to a totally different area of the tank away from it's original location.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May have to provide some more real estate in that area.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should look for other cause. It is unlkely that they "fight" each other. They will be fine touching each other. One may shade the other so the smaller one does not get enough light.

JasperRen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Rose / rainbow / red type BTA always fight my green BTA ( include orange tips). They are same specie, but they still fight. I can see these white war marks on green ones. Very bad, the red anemones are better fight. I have a BTA only tank with 40 anemones.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had the same experience as you between a green and rose BTA. I documented it in my journal before.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back