Anemone?

Toddpitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody tell me what kind of an anemone this is? Thanks for looking and thanks in advance.

image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like a Sebae anemone to me

OP
OP
T

Toddpitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody tell me what kind of an anemone this is? Thanks for looking and thanks in advance.

image.jpg
How do they get bleached because I have had it for over a month now and it just started to move into some light during the day

Sruiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to have some of the narrowing at the end of some tentacles. Looks like a bubble tip.
If you got it this color then do your best to stay on top of your water conditions. Get sufficient light and good flow and you might see this anemone darken up. They can move around until they find a spot they like. Good luck!

nasotang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could also be feeding. Have you tried spot feeding it with mysis or some meaty food. I also had a BtA start to lose its color when I had ULN and got its color back after dosing some Nitrate/Phosphate.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @D-Nak, it is a slightly bleached BTA. BTA are strange, sometime for no apparent reason, they move into the dark and stay there, get bleached in the process. When this happen, I often rearrange the rock to give the anemone some light. I try not to tetach that anemone from the rock, becasue this will surely damage a healthy anemone with strong foot hold on the rock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back