Anemone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toddpitt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Toddpitt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody tell me what kind of an anemone this is? Thanks for looking and thanks in advance.

image.jpg
 
Looks like a Sebae anemone to me
 
Can anybody tell me what kind of an anemone this is? Thanks for looking and thanks in advance.

image.jpg
How do they get bleached because I have had it for over a month now and it just started to move into some light during the day
 
It appears to have some of the narrowing at the end of some tentacles. Looks like a bubble tip.
If you got it this color then do your best to stay on top of your water conditions. Get sufficient light and good flow and you might see this anemone darken up. They can move around until they find a spot they like. Good luck!
 
Could also be feeding. Have you tried spot feeding it with mysis or some meaty food. I also had a BtA start to lose its color when I had ULN and got its color back after dosing some Nitrate/Phosphate.
 
I agree with @D-Nak, it is a slightly bleached BTA. BTA are strange, sometime for no apparent reason, they move into the dark and stay there, get bleached in the process. When this happen, I often rearrange the rock to give the anemone some light. I try not to tetach that anemone from the rock, becasue this will surely damage a healthy anemone with strong foot hold on the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new