Angelfish Feeding

Vinh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a dwarf angel about 2 weeks ago and it has finally started eating prepared foods (Hikari Seaweed Extreme). Yes, I'm well aware of the risk I'm taking and fully expected it was going to eat some of my corals. The only other inhabitants is a pair of clowns which also enjoy everything I have used to entice the angelfish. Needless to say the clowns are very well fed. the angel still does plenty of grazing but at least it's starting to take some food I add. I'm curious for those with angels how often do you feed the tank to minimize the eating of corals. Maybe I'll never eliminate it.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral beauty and flame angel, and they eat everything I put in the tank. Be it flakes, pellets, frozen and nori. But I also have a tank with a Shepards angel and Midnight and they are a bit more picky. For some reason they don't eat frozen, but love pellets, flakes and nori.

All of these are grazers. They constantly pick. I have not had any issues with any of them eating coral. But I only have softies, no sps.

I feed 2-3 times a day.

OP
OP
V

Vinh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2 of taking food that I put in the tank and he's definitely stopped nipping at corals other than the acans. Will be interesting if that stops as well (I doubt it). Do angels ever stop eating? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you can provide food 24/7, they will constantly nip at almost everything. It's just their behavior. I've kept most every species in the trade, and it doesn't really matter. You have to decide it you want those meaty LPS, or the fish. Occasionally you get lucky, but most species are pretty consistent with what they will pick at, and what they won't.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back