Angelfish With A Cloudy Eye

InCodWeTrust

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently noticed that my angelfish has developed a cloudy/swollen eye on his right side. I mostly think it was an injury from my Lawnmower Blenny but it can also be a bacterial infection. Should I treat this or let nature take its course and keep a close eye on him?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish is in a reef there aren't many options. Most of the treatments are not reef safe. If it's an injury and the fish is healthy it will likely heal itself.

You can add 1 Tablespoon of epsom salt per 5g and it may help. Make sure it's unscented USP grade epsom. Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate so it may raise your mag level slightly but can definitely help with the swelling. You can dose once wait a few days and dose again. If this doesn't change the condition of they eye I would consider catching the fish and moving to QT to treat with antibiotics.

Jjfriscia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dosed melafix in my tank with inverts and coral safely. It will do the trick. Also you can try soaking their food in garlic extract. Good luck

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dietary deficiencies, such as lack of vitamin A, may contribute to poor fish eye health. The most common cause of cloudy eyes in aquarium fish seems to be poor water quality, especially when the pH level in the aquarium water drops too low or lack of proper diet. other causes would be a scratch/injury. Before attempting any treatment, do a water change and add vitamin such as selcon to food and also garlic extract.
See if it improves.

Jjfriscia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dietary deficiencies, such as lack of vitamin A, may contribute to poor fish eye health. The most common cause of cloudy eyes in aquarium fish seems to be poor water quality, especially when the pH level in the aquarium water drops too low or lack of proper diet. other causes would be a scratch/injury. Before attempting any treatment, do a water change and add vitamin such as selcon to food and also garlic extract.
See if it improves.
Yup for sure i second that. I received a fish with this issue but if you don't combat the matter at hand you will continue to have this issue.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back