Angry Upgrade 120 to 230 Peninsula!

U

User1

View Badges
I was actually solely responsible for the destruction of the prehistoric Dino's as well! I have no regrets :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry to hear about your latest battle as well. Hard to say though if Vibrant is a band-aid or not. I like to dose my system with bacteria bi-weekly. Vibrant I believe is just another form of bacteria in a bottle. Something like that at least... So if I had to guess I would say you are helping win the battle with re-balancing your systems biology. But I'm just an Owl and have no idea :p

I ran carbon the entire time during my treatment. I stopped using ROX carbon and moved to the larger grains because I was reading stuff about ROX potentially being rough on acros. I hope it all clears up for you asap!

You know on a totally unrelated topic but your name caught me. So this morning about 0320 I hear a couple owls chit chatting on my roof. Our subdivision has a couple wetlands near it so wild life is common. However, these owls sounded different that what we typically see so I'm thinking they are larger - probably a horned owl. Anyway I figure they are just stopping by for whatever reason on my rooftop and will go away. Nope. 0330 they are still up there talking. 0345 more chit chat. 0400 yup, still talking. My German Shepherd takes the opportunity to sneak up on the bed after looking at me like what the heck over so outside she goes to do her business. I walk around the house to see if I can see this odd couple. Yup - there they are side by side just talking the morning away so I ask them, softly mind you so I don't wake anyone, "are you two done yet"? Ironically they both tilted their heads, looked at me, and said nothing. I'm sure they had a smile somewhere but whatever. I turned and left. Dog and I go back to bed. Few minutes later back they go with their chit chat.

Oh well. AngryOwl :) Mine would be AngryHuman I guess. Well, I'm not really angry - always nice when mother nature pays us a visit but glad I passed by your thread to connect the dots in a round about way.

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to see you stopped dosing NO-POX. now take that bottle, and destroy it and never dose it again :)

continue with foods like pods and phyto and diverse bacteria and you will have much better results. and of course feeding you fish well, running UV. i think you will do nicely
;Hilarious I will ensure to feed these chonky fish! Can't wait for my new ones ;Nailbiting Thank you for the words of encouragement :)

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know on a totally unrelated topic but your name caught me. So this morning about 0320 I hear a couple owls chit chatting on my roof. Our subdivision has a couple wetlands near it so wild life is common. However, these owls sounded different that what we typically see so I'm thinking they are larger - probably a horned owl. Anyway I figure they are just stopping by for whatever reason on my rooftop and will go away. Nope. 0330 they are still up there talking. 0345 more chit chat. 0400 yup, still talking. My German Shepherd takes the opportunity to sneak up on the bed after looking at me like what the heck over so outside she goes to do her business. I walk around the house to see if I can see this odd couple. Yup - there they are side by side just talking the morning away so I ask them, softly mind you so I don't wake anyone, "are you two done yet"? Ironically they both tilted their heads, looked at me, and said nothing. I'm sure they had a smile somewhere but whatever. I turned and left. Dog and I go back to bed. Few minutes later back they go with their chit chat.

Oh well. AngryOwl :) Mine would be AngryHuman I guess. Well, I'm not really angry - always nice when mother nature pays us a visit but glad I passed by your thread to connect the dots in a round about way.
;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious I cannot confirm or deny I had them sent over there. Most likely after you went back to sleep they started talking about you instead of the latest whonews. Funny story though! I wish I had owls around me ;Drowning

On a side note, I mentioned rebranding my YouTube channel. I have someone working on the design and saw a screenshot of the new logo yesterday and I loved it! Hopefully it is done soon an I can give y'all the first look before YouTube. :)

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All done, next up is the countertop and doors :D

20190323_185226.jpg
20190322_185944.jpg
20190323_132219.jpg
20190323_140408.jpg
20190323_140459.jpg
20190322_212622.jpg

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! It’s really coming together. Also that new growth on the sps has to feel good [emoji16]
Very good!

So yesterday I had the opportunity to grab a great looking Magma wrasse from a local reefer and build thread lurker :p This Magma wrasse originated from Diesel's tank he very sadly tore down.

Put him into the tank and he went to hiding for a while. A few hours later I fed the tank and he was out feeding. My flame angel is on my last nerve... he continues to chase my Lineatus wrasse around and went after the Magma as well. I think I will be removing the flame because I do not care to deal with that aggression... Especially from a $40 flame angel messing with hundreds of dollars wrasses. Nope! :mad:

Today I wont get home until lights out so I won't be able to check on how things are going. ;Nailbiting Working from home Tuesday though so I'll be glued to the tank!

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a stop home yesterday before I needed to head back out, wasn't planning on stopping home but I got the feeling Sunday night that something might be off with my blue throat trigger. He was swimming around the bottom of the tank in a lap and was bumping into the walls before he would turn. He's also been hiding out in the open. Just unusual behavior for him.... Lastly, anyone who ventures to the back of the tank will face the wrath of the clownfish. He was unable to properly defend himself. I suspect he cannot see because he would not react to anything I did on the other side of the glass or even when I tried using a turkey baster.... Normally he is a very aggressive eater but showed no interest in food.

I was able to catch him yesterday and he is now in QT... I dosed some paraguard today and I'll see how it goes. Hoping whatever is going on with him is isolated to only him... and that he is not blind. If he is blind I will attempt to rehome him... I'll just have to wait it out though.

On another note... The Magma was out yesterday swimming with all the other fish yesterday. Order has once again been restored among the fairies. Give this guy a few weeks to settle in and he is going to be absolutely stunning!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand looking great!

Sorry to hear about the trigger fish. Our black clown went through a 2 week phase where it acted like it was blind. Food went right past it. Got maybe 1/5 the amount it normally eats. Food had to bump its mouth.
No visible symptoms.
What ever it was passed and it seems fine now. Back to eating clam bits off my fingertips.

No idea what the issue was.
:-/

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand looking great!

Sorry to hear about the trigger fish. Our black clown went through a 2 week phase where it acted like it was blind. Food went right past it. Got maybe 1/5 the amount it normally eats. Food had to bump its mouth.
No visible symptoms.
What ever it was passed and it seems fine now. Back to eating clam bits off my fingertips.

No idea what the issue was.
:-/
Super weird... Same thing yesterday when I went to feed him. One piece of food went perfectly down his nose and he sucked it in. So he does have an appetite.

Did yours pace around the bottom of the tank at all? How was the clown swimming? This guy is making it very difficult for me to tell if he can see or not lol What he seems to almost be doing is using objects in the tank as a guide and seems to memorize his route pretty quick. But at the same time if I go up to the tank he seems to go hiding after a few moments... Hope it is the same situation as your clowns and he goes back to being normal :p

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swimming was fine and the clowns, CBB and longnose hawkfish all pull clam bits from my fingertips. The others hover close but don't rush in.

Black clown would be nearby, but not commit 100%, and 'watch' the food drift past it to be snatched up by 1 of the wrasse.

Appeared interested and sort of aware the whole time, just "did you go blind?!"

Still doesn't "jump in" as much as orange clown, but it at least recognizes food going past it and lunges for it and gets it.

Daily feeding is a 100% process of playing favorites to make sure everyone gets something.

I just try not to think about it when I'm not there to feed them.

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swimming was fine and the clowns, CBB and longnose hawkfish all pull clam bits from my fingertips. The others hover close but don't rush in.

Black clown would be nearby, but not commit 100%, and 'watch' the food drift past it to be snatched up by 1 of the wrasse.

Appeared interested and sort of aware the whole time, just "did you go blind?!"

Still doesn't "jump in" as much as orange clown, but it at least recognizes food going past it and lunges for it and gets it.

Daily feeding is a 100% process of playing favorites to make sure everyone gets something.

I just try not to think about it when I'm not there to feed them.

Interesting! Sounds a little different than what my guy is experiencing unfortunately. I'm really confused if he can see or not. Yesterday I target fed him. We'll give it a while and see what the diagnoses it. Thanks for sharing :)

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monday Update!

Added those nice frags Thursday, also did a 25g water change as well at that time. Testing was as follows:
Alk - 7.9
NO3 - 3ppm
PO4 - 54ppb (I think) / .166ppm

Not bad numbers. Friday the frags were still looking good. I went to Aquashella in Dallas this weekend and had a good time. The show wasn't exactly what I expected but it was fun to meet some YouTubers both on the Fresh and Salt side.

Got home around 7pm and all the frags were starting to STN ;Drowning;Drowning;Drowning

April Fools!... but now karma might make this come true. ;Nailbiting Actually the tank looked really good. Blue Throat trigger seems to be in the same condition. I'll be out late tonight so I'll have to update you guys soon on him. Thinking about a round of prazipro next.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You almost had me, but as you came home only at 7PM, it was already 2nd of April here.... so not valid as April fools joke.

OP
OP
AngryOwl

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You almost had me, but as you came home only at 7PM, it was already 2nd of April here.... so not valid as April fools joke.
Almost had ya!

What isn't a joke though is my phosphates have somehow plummeted back down to zero! Over the past week I noticed a few brown dustings on the sand bed, figured I was overfeeding a bit, cut back and then I decided to test yesterday. 0 phosphates!

Anyone know why phosphates would just bottom out within a week like that? Seems very strange to me...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%

Back