OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is amazing. That last pic of the photosynthetic Eunicea gorgonian is awesome. I want one.
Thanks :) there's not many other branching gold corals, or at least that I've ever seen. It's also the only gorg I've ever been able to successfully keep long term, if you look at the pics in my first post its grown a heap since the start of the year, was just one small branch.

Great looking tank!
Can you post your actual dosing regimen?
Thanks mate, I posted it in the first post :) it's just mainly the basic three and a bit of KZ supps although only relatively very small amounts of the KZ supplements are dosed compared to the manufacturers recommendations.

blackgate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you supplementing your gyre with the tunzes. What kind of flow pattern are you using with the tunze pumps? We have very similar tank sizes and I really think that the gyre should be supplemented on cube tanks as there are def. some dead spots in mine.

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree they definitely need supplementing although they have awesome flow, might not be amazingly manufactured but they definitely are great at moving water. My tunzes are just 2x6025 and 1x6015 so non controllable ones. One pump blows along the back just for movement under the gyre where a large dead spot occurs. The other two point diagonally through the tank, meeting with the flow of the gyre when it's in forward mode. Once the gyre goes into reverse mode, and isn't disrupting the flow of the tunzes, the tunzes just blow toward the opposite corner. With this set up and the gyre going in reverse mode every few minutes I seem to have covered all dead spots, so no detritus (and hardly any sand lol) seems to settle in the tank, it just all settles nicely in the sump where it's easy to remove.

ReeferCub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charlie, could you please share your lighting schedule. I would love to know more about both the ATI and Kessils schedules. Do you use the Kessils at full intensity?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an excellent update!
Sit back, Relax and enjoy the growth and colors :)

Ricardo Pinto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job. It's amazing how those corals hold on so closer to each other. And with great colors too. Nicely done, congrats.

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an excellent update!
Sit back, Relax and enjoy the growth and colors :)
Thanks mate :)

Great job. It's amazing how those corals hold on so closer to each other. And with great colors too. Nicely done, congrats.
Thanks mate, they do sting the crap out of each other, don't worry about that lol

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive seen your tank on instagram quite a few times. nice to finally see your build thread. congrats on such a beautiful work of art

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing reef! WOW!

LaurensNL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less is really more. Normally I don't like tanks with a small stone structure. But yours grown out just perfect. Love the simple way it's looking. Your reef looks very happy and healthy!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, really enjoy your thread!

NealH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one my favorite tanks! I've followed you for a while on Instagram. It's great to see the specifics of your tank. Nice job, Charlie.

Neal

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back