Another Aussie SPS tank

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW please give us at least a daily fix of photos! LOL!

Not the best pics but you can see how they're hung, looks a bit dodgy but the wire and clips are certainly strong enough:

A couple of top down pics :)

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing colours. Lovely tank mate. What are you feeding the fishes daily?
Thanks :) Mainly New Era flake a few times a day and a cube of mysis or lobster eggs on most evenings.

Waauuww this is crazy! Real life candy shop story going on there!!

WOW please give us at least a daily fix of photos! LOL!
Haha I'll try mate :) Thanks for the features on Facebook, that's you that puts them up right?

Amazing reef! Jealous!!

Aussie paul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good mate hope mine grows out this good if and when I finally get around to finish it lol

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Very good work. It has long seen the tank in instagram.
What caused the use of supplementary lighting spotlights?
In your opinion is not enough light from T5 lamps?

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the nicest tanks I've seen, period. That gorgonian is gorgeous by the way :)

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good mate hope mine grows out this good if and when I finally get around to finish it lol
Thanks mate, no tank is ever finished in my opinion haha.

Acromazing Mate, The color of your corals are so vibrant. Are all your corals Wild or Tank Raised?
A bit of both, there should be a pic of the blue stag somewhere above, it was only a 1cm frag when I got it and it's about 40-45cm across now for example :)

Lookin real good mate

Hello! Very good work. It has long seen the tank in instagram.
What caused the use of supplementary lighting spotlights?
In your opinion is not enough light from T5 lamps?
The Kessils are only set to about 45% from memory, I really should have gone with the smaller a160we although I find the wide-angle lens of the other models to be way too wide. In reality they're only there for supplement lighting to make pics look better and offer blue led at night. The 10 bulbs ATI unit is certainly enough light and definitely does most of the work at growing the corals :)

blown away by your tank!
Thanks mate :)

One of the nicest tanks I've seen, period. That gorgonian is gorgeous by the way :)
Thanks mate, pretty sure it's a Eunicea photosynthetic one :)

Aussie acros FTW
True that :)

A pic I put on Instagram a short while ago and keep forgetting to upload here:
11 months growth :) early Feb 2015 to early Jan 2016. The blue stag would be a lot bigger if it wasn't for constant trimmings on the right hand side of the colony to stop it destroying the Seriatopora that I placed a good 15cm away when they were tiny frags. The Seriatopora has grown almost half-spherical too due to the blue stag..
The fish are certainly the slowest growing things lol

flyingfijian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Charlie, I have been following you on Instagram (F1j1marine) for a while and when I say that Reef2Reef posted you tank photos I was excited! I had to sign up to say congrats on the success and thanks for sharing your progress with everyone. You have inspired me in many ways to keep my tank as neat and colorful as yours.

Thanks again and all the best bro.

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful ! My favorite .....

A bit of both, there should be a pic of the blue stag somewhere above, it was only a 1cm frag when I got it and it's about 40-45cm across now for example :)

The Kessils are only set to about 45% from memory, I really should have gone with the smaller a160we although I find the wide-angle lens of the other models to be way too wide. In reality they're only there for supplement lighting to make pics look better and offer blue led at night. The 10 bulbs ATI unit is certainly enough light and definitely does most of the work at growing the corals :)

11 months growth :) early Feb 2015 to early Jan 2016. The blue stag would be a lot bigger if it wasn't for constant trimmings on the right hand side of the colony to stop it destroying the Seriatopora that I placed a good 15cm away when they were tiny frags. The Seriatopora has grown almost half-spherical too due to the blue stag..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is one of my favorite tanks of all time.

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets chat about your aus blue tip echinata ... i got a large piece in from aus, granted its got a long trip from GBR to Rhode Island, flights, tanks, boxes, weather all leading to stress.
well mine was a real beauty when it landed in my QT and still looked great after a round of bayer dip in my acro QT then to my Display and she looked dynamite for a couple months. fast forward a few months and i can't seem to get that vibrant blue tip and the polyp extension i used to see. so hard to pinpoint why/how to keep her happy. i'm not one to move this piece around, i have a spot on the lower 1/4 of tank on rock where indirect flow is nice. i'm debating my practice of what i'd call fairly aggressive 'turkey basting'. my sand tends to blow around and i guess i feel better about basting the rock work and the acros.

So share any trends/treatments you've seen specific to this piece. can you pinpoint things she likes/dislikes out of your husbandry practice. i don't see myself radically changing my setup overall, but maybe some dosing/treatment changes or other small tweaks that i'm willing to experiment with. of all i'm thinking its the basting it doesnt like. appreciate your thoughts.

and i also do very small amount of Pohls extra, 2-3 ml , 2-3 x per week. 325g system (120g tank, large rubbermaid sump, ATI 8x54 + Reefbrite LED Strip, seachem salinity salt, CA reactor, massive SRO 6000 skimmer, biopellet, lots of SPS Aussie colonies, and 40+ fish well fed) 8.5dKH, 2ppm NO3, .06 PO4

i love aussie tanks, and your tank is great thanks for posting.
-Greg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back