Another Dragonette Question..ugh.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean growing them in-situ, because you won't produce enough. If you can make cultures externally it is fine, but a lot more trouble than the food sources I mentioned.
Fair enough.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not gonna happen. I am a one tank guy. I worked in an aquarium store growing up in the nineties and I did my share of wires and pumps and tanks all over my apartment.
At some point I will just take the plunge and try to get her to eat other stuff.

There is a lady I met at a LFS who says she feeds her Mandarin the tigger feast from reef nutrition and has had it for two years and is doing great.

I believe the peeps here who say a dragonette will deplete them. But she would never get them all, because there will always be a few drifting in from the sump, and I will try he tigger feast.

If It doesn’t work, I will just give it back to the LFS. I won’t let it starve.

Thanks.

Let me know how this goes. The Tigriopus californicus in Tigger-Feast are the same animals in our live product, Tigger-Pods. Many people have had success feeding Tigger-Feast to their mandarins. There are roughly 53 bottles worth of Tigger-Pods in 1 bottle of Tigger-Feast. Very concentrated and can also be fed to other fish and invertebrates.

2012-10 Tigger-Feast.png

Best,
Chad

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked out a possum wrasse? They are small wrasses that would do well in your size tank and are fairly uncommon and cryptic in behaviour if that is what you are going for. They will also eat all the pods that they can find if seeing them is bothering you.

OP
OP
Gunzen

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how this goes. The Tigriopus californicus in Tigger-Feast are the same animals in our live product, Tigger-Pods. Many people have had success feeding Tigger-Feast to their mandarins. There are roughly 53 bottles worth of Tigger-Pods in 1 bottle of Tigger-Feast. Very concentrated and can also be fed to other fish and invertebrates.

2012-10 Tigger-Feast.png

Best,
Chad

The lady who I talked to said he Mandarin is fat a shell and the bottle last longer than the expiration date. You guys have upped your game. I bought a bottle of live; they said 50% more and it was 4 more dollars. There was a ****-ton in there.

I think I am going to let the Mandarin work in those and then supplement with baster and pumps off too.

I have seen Mandarins eat pellet food out of olive jars. I am pumped about this new food.

Hey guys, I don’t work for thee dudes, and you have seen my pods. I am going to take pics and video and let you know how the frozen stuff works.

And I will be honest. I never read about it here, must have missed it, the lady was the first I heard of it.

I want to wait for the next order from my LFS, he orders on demand. So next week.

Thanks for all your imput.

Might not have even tried. But dang, the new bottles of 50% tiggers are packed. And only 4 bucks more.

OP
OP
Gunzen

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked out a possum wrasse? They are small wrasses that would do well in your size tank and are fairly uncommon and cryptic in behaviour if that is what you are going for. They will also eat all the pods that they can find if seeing them is bothering you.

Psychedelic is the goal man, besides; I see an upgrade in tank size within a year if all goes well.

Operation Philo Beddoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to bring a Green Dragonette home from the LFS, couldn't help it. I placed it in a 10g for a week to relax, then stuck him in a hang-on breeder box with a small heater and thermometer. I tried not to stress it out, and drank my coffee next to it in the mornings. Other times of the day I'd go an hang out near it but not futz with it at all. I feed my other clowns P.E. Mysis and had brine around from when they were smaller. After 4-5 days in the "box",, I dropped a few brine in and it started eating them. Now it's in my display tank and eats the P.E. mysis, Fauna Marin soft clownfish food, APBreed TDO chroma boost (sm). Pretty much anything I drop in. It may have helped that I had a Scooter Blenny in there to show it how to eat everything and anything. Oh yeah the blennys will do flake food also.

Mainly it gets P.E. Mysis treated with selcon, just like my Clowns.

Get the Dragonette, pick a big healthy one, feed it frozen food. Get a Scooter Blenny to teach it to eat if you need, things are eaters.

It just learned how to glide along the glass on the water currents in my ZeroEdge 22ZR tank.

Dragonette_with_Dick_the_Clown.jpg

Zeroedge 22ZR with Dick and pals.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gunzen

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to bring a Green Dragonette home from the LFS, couldn't help it. I placed it in a 10g for a week to relax, then stuck him in a hang-on breeder box with a small heater and thermometer. I tried not to stress it out, and drank my coffee next to it in the mornings. Other times of the day I'd go an hang out near it but not futz with it at all. I feed my other clowns P.E. Mysis and had brine around from when they were smaller. After 4-5 days in the "box",, I dropped a few brine in and it started eating them. Now it's in my display tank and eats the P.E. mysis, Fauna Marin soft clownfish food, APBreed TDO chroma boost (sm). Pretty much anything I drop in. It may have helped that I had a Scooter Blenny in there to show it how to eat everything and anything. Oh yeah the blennys will do flake food also.

Mainly it gets P.E. Mysis treated with selcon, just like my Clowns.

Get the Dragonette, pick a big healthy one, feed it frozen food. Get a Scooter Blenny to teach it to eat if you need, things are eaters.

It just learned how to glide along the glass on the water currents in my ZeroEdge 22ZR tank.

Dragonette_with_Dick_the_Clown.jpg
I could do that in a sump chamber that doesn’t get many pods and do that. That’s a good idea. But I have confidence in this stuff. Depends on how I feel at the time.

Now another thing to consider.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back