Anthias that will accept pellet

TSM Aquatics

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello!
I am looking for peaceful Anthias that will eventually accept pellets. I really like sunset and evansi Anthias, but I am not sure if they only eat frozen food or will eventually accept pellets. But I am open to other Anthias as long as they can be transition to pellets.

thanks!

Corals.com
OP
P

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My lyretail anthias have always eaten pellets. Started with small TDO chromaboost pellets when they were smaller and now they eat medium.

I have a ehiem autofeeder with the TDO pellets, hikari seaweed pellets and dry reef chili mixed together that keeps everyone happy...
Thanks for the input. Is your male aggressive to other fishes?

JAIME_MTY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello!
I am looking for peaceful Anthias that will eventually accept pellets. I really like sunset and evansi Anthias, but I am not sure if they only eat frozen food or will eventually accept pellets. But I am open to other Anthias as long as they can be transition to pellets.

thanks!
I had different anthias , for the most part they will eat frozen food , like misis shrimp and had luck with rods foods, I usually quarentine my fish for 6 to 8 weeks and slowly introduce pellet food to get them used to it. as far as behavior it depends a lot on size of aquarium, hiding areas . Normally there is fights between the bigger fish until the dominant fish is stablish and then usually everything settles in. Thats my experience , good luck.

BRS

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My lyretails eat pellets as well although they live with a cardinal that refuses to eat pellets right now so they also get mysis and live brine =/.

OP
P

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I keep lyre tails, sunsets, dispars and square spots in my tank, all eat pellets. I never offered, but the bartletts, hutchii, and ignitus I've kept ate everything that was offered, I'm sure they would eat pellets, also.
I’m definitely interested in Sunset Anthias. Did they take long time to transition to pellets?

BRS

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’m definitely interested in Sunset Anthias. Did they take long time to transition to pellets?

Not really, once they saw the others, and wrasses, eating them they started eating them too. I give them LRS reef frenzy and PE mysids, with occasional enriched brine or fish eggs, and they eat it all.

TSM Aquatics

What is the best "cleaning product" or home recipe for cleaning reef tank equipment?

• Water and scrubbing

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Citric Acid

Votes: 224 48.3%
  • Vinegar

Votes: 149 32.1%
  • Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Lemon Juice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 3.9%