Anthias that will accept pellet

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I am looking for peaceful Anthias that will eventually accept pellets. I really like sunset and evansi Anthias, but I am not sure if they only eat frozen food or will eventually accept pellets. But I am open to other Anthias as long as they can be transition to pellets.

thanks!

blazerino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lyretail anthias have always eaten pellets. Started with small TDO chromaboost pellets when they were smaller and now they eat medium.

I have a ehiem autofeeder with the TDO pellets, hikari seaweed pellets and dry reef chili mixed together that keeps everyone happy...

OP
OP
P

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lyretail anthias have always eaten pellets. Started with small TDO chromaboost pellets when they were smaller and now they eat medium.

I have a ehiem autofeeder with the TDO pellets, hikari seaweed pellets and dry reef chili mixed together that keeps everyone happy...
Thanks for the input. Is your male aggressive to other fishes?

JAIME_MTY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I am looking for peaceful Anthias that will eventually accept pellets. I really like sunset and evansi Anthias, but I am not sure if they only eat frozen food or will eventually accept pellets. But I am open to other Anthias as long as they can be transition to pellets.

thanks!
I had different anthias , for the most part they will eat frozen food , like misis shrimp and had luck with rods foods, I usually quarentine my fish for 6 to 8 weeks and slowly introduce pellet food to get them used to it. as far as behavior it depends a lot on size of aquarium, hiding areas . Normally there is fights between the bigger fish until the dominant fish is stablish and then usually everything settles in. Thats my experience , good luck.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lyretails also eat pellets, although that isn’t all they get. As far as aggression they play tag occasionally but no blood no foul is what I say.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lyretails eat pellets as well although they live with a cardinal that refuses to eat pellets right now so they also get mysis and live brine =/.

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep lyre tails, sunsets, dispars and square spots in my tank, all eat pellets. I never offered, but the bartletts, hutchii, and ignitus I've kept ate everything that was offered, I'm sure they would eat pellets, also.

OP
OP
P

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep lyre tails, sunsets, dispars and square spots in my tank, all eat pellets. I never offered, but the bartletts, hutchii, and ignitus I've kept ate everything that was offered, I'm sure they would eat pellets, also.
I’m definitely interested in Sunset Anthias. Did they take long time to transition to pellets?

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m definitely interested in Sunset Anthias. Did they take long time to transition to pellets?

Not really, once they saw the others, and wrasses, eating them they started eating them too. I give them LRS reef frenzy and PE mysids, with occasional enriched brine or fish eggs, and they eat it all.

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my anthias (Lyretails, Sunset, Ignitus, Bimacs, Evansi) take micro pellets, but remember they will only take it when it is in the water column, once it hits the bottom they ignore it. You will need a good CUC or other fish to clean up after them.

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Evansi eat Sustainable Aquatics pellets(.8mm). When I had Carberryi, they ate the SA pellets as well.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find them and afford it, I think your best bet would probably be Biota’s Blotchy Anthias (O. Borbonius). They aren’t really schooling fish, more solitary, but if your tank is large enough you might be able to keep a few.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back