Anthias?

Renelope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am newish to the reef world, and have a question about adding Anthias to my tank.

120gal / 90DT and it is currently stocked with:

Foxface (had about a month, and is very shy)
2 cardinals
2 clowns
1 blenny
1 goby
2 fire shrimp
assorted CUC
Couple of corals and an anemone, but eventually a mixed reef tank

I really enjoy the look and the personality of anthias, particularly the bartletts or carberryi with the bright colors - but read on Live aquaria that they like to be in a species specific tank... Is this true? Can I not add any anthias given my current stock?

If not - is there another fish anyone recommends? I want something that stays out in the open more than my current fish, and bring my very shy foxface out more...

Thanks for the help!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - should I plan on getting just 1 or more than 1? I think they like to be in groups right? Do any do well singly?
Sunburst and borbonius do well singly. Lyretail and bartletts can be kept singly. Most others do better in groups. I recommend getting five females and they will sort out which one will be male.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine with adding anthias to your tank. I don't see any fish on your list that would make it difficult. I have two sunburst in my tank with a niger trigger and they are doing well. Although, this is true for me, it is not recommended :)

Damian4883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added some anthias to a well stocked reef tank, 1 very shy that i barely see and 1 is very comfortable. Im hoping over time the second one gets lets shy because they are very nice to look at.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back