Any body have info on fluval marine and reef 2.0 led

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, they adjust out on each side and just sit flush on the lip.
How wide are them lights? I wonder if you could use the Current mount arm for them. if you are wanted to mount them that way. Ill give you a link to the arm on amazon where I got mine. Give it a look if you want all up to you just thought it might help ya out.

Current mount arm on amazon link

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't disagree with anything you said, however I would like to say that these CAN work... or have for me, with some tank adaptations. All of my SPS are less than 8 inches from my surface and they are all growing. I have had coloration issues though. Colors fading or blues fading to green. I have two of these lights over my 54g corner and one of the lights has been positioned over the back corner primarily. A few weeks ago I moved the second light next to the other light, closer to the front of the tank and right over top of my SPS. Growth and coloration have improved significantly in this short amount of time. My sandbed is inhabited with LPS which are all healthy, have good color, and are growing.

Do I think these lights are the best? No, I know they are not... but they can work given the right circumstances/adjustments.

Given how deep my tank is and my current rock structure, the top of the rocks are about 10-12" below the water line, so the few acro frags I have on the left aren't doing anything, and the red monti cap in the middle top did start a tiny bit of growth and then stopped. Everything on the sand bed is just maintaining but not growing. So, hoping these new light will penetrate a lot more and give me some growth.

IMG_2739.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's trach is NIIIIICE @LMDAVE

How wide are them lights? I wonder if you could use the Current mount arm for them. if you are wanted to mount them that way. Ill give you a link to the arm on amazon where I got mine. Give it a look if you want all up to you just thought it might help ya out.

Current mount arm on amazon link

They come in all different lengths, but they are less than 3.5" across, and less than an inch width(height) ...

bsfmaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given how deep my tank is and my current rock structure, the top of the rocks are about 10-12" below the water line, so the few acro frags I have on the left aren't doing anything, and the red monti cap in the middle top did start a tiny bit of growth and then stopped. Everything on the sand bed is just maintaining but not growing. So, hoping these new light will penetrate a lot more and give me some growth.

IMG_2739.jpg

Looking good! I don't doubt a light upgrade will help you. I experimented with my acros and any deeper than 6-8 inches from the surface, and they started fading quickly. That being said, way up high where they are now, they are decently happy.
I'm really surprised that monti isn't taking off. I've got some broken off pieces on my sandbed that are thriving and starting to grow up the glass. Granted, my tank is only 24" deep.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a fluval 3.0 and 1.0 both 48". My tank is mostly leathers,shrooms gsp and 2 blastos. So far everything is doing well.

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I don't doubt a light upgrade will help you. I experimented with my acros and any deeper than 6-8 inches from the surface, and they started fading quickly. That being said, way up high where they are now, they are decently happy.
I'm really surprised that monti isn't taking off. I've got some broken off pieces on my sandbed that are thriving and starting to grow up the glass. Granted, my tank is only 24" deep.

Thanks. I've been researching everything, and feel all my parameters are good, flow is good, the only thing really left is the light. Unless there is some missing piece that causing my stunted growth.

bsfmaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I've been researching everything, and feel all my parameters are good, flow is good, the only thing really left is the light. Unless there is some missing piece that causing my stunted growth.

Its hard to pinpoint what the missing component is sometimes. I'll hope to see progress with your new light, I would absolutely have better lights if the wallet allowed!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I will say, and I'm gonna leave it right here, is if your hopes and goals are a bright, colorful, eye popping coral reef... Your entire set up, equipment, tank, flow generators, dosing regements, could all be Absolutely top of the line, If you don't have good lighting, it will just be a bland run of the mill tank.

Lighting and Filtration are 2 things you simply cannot cut corners on if you want an amazing coral reef. Period.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back