Any Comic Book collectors out there?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cloak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have about 14 300 count boxes that I've had since the late 80's including some of the stuff going on with the Marvel movies.
1st appearance of Venom, Deadpool etc. I collected when I was younger & if my hadn't throne them out after I moved I'd be sitting very pretty right now.Lol
 
I’ve got #1 in mint/near mint just waiting to collect value.

I have about 7 of #1 but also have 2-12 as well. Quit collecting in the mid 90's or so, most are bagged/boarded

Also have a lot of the Valiant comics that lost alot of value when that guy in Fl flooded the marked with his huge dump but their coming back up since the reissue of some of them.
 
I have an extensive collection. My love for it started when I was very young and found my grandfathers collection in an old lake cabin, including Spiderman number 1 the original cover. However it was ruined from weather. But that started my love. Marvel was my go to at first, then slightly DC, however I bought any new releases and continued some series as I liked. I have almost every Image comic released up until 2012 and Dark Horse. I noticed that the worth of comics has gone down, however when The Walking Dead came out I was able to sell the whole lot to a super fan for a stupid price where I made out like a bandit. I also randomly sold a series called Shi for another stupid price. Most of what I thought would be worth money isn't. Then things like X-Man Phalanx Covenant ended up being very collectible, as well as the holographic issues. But surprisingly the best collected piece is not even a comic book but the store display. It was a three poster ad for legacy I think. Those posters are over the internet and some people have one or two of the three or all three. Well I have the original those posters were printed off of and it is one continuous poster. What makes it especially fun is it has all the orginal X-men on it, and it was drawn my Jim Lee himself which at the time he was no longer drawing the series. I figure I spent well over a grand a month in comics, then when college hit I stopped cold collecting to pay for school. I rent a storage room that's climate controlled for their safe keeping and very special books are in my safe deposit box at the bank. I only have a few framed WildC.A.T.S. books and a few of may favorites framed like GEN13 and X-Men covers I loved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new