Any from Delco, PA Area?

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah possibly
I gave in last summer and picked up a MQ-510. Only thing I don’t have for it is a decent wand. I’ve been using an algae scraper and recently looking into a DIY wand to mount it to.

Shoot me a DM if you’re interested. I’m in Springfield in Delco.

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah possibly

I gave in last summer and picked up a MQ-510. Only thing I don’t have for it is a decent wand. I’ve been using an algae scraper and recently looking into a DIY wand to mount it to.

Shoot me a DM if you’re interested. I’m in Springfield in Delco.
Just realized my typo... I have the Apogee SQ-520.... not the MQ-510.

Stblindtiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I posted in the Pennsylvania Forum looking for some local fish stores Thread 'SE PA LFS' and then just found this thread.

Lots of great info here, and happy to see some users on here from real close to where I currently live (Havertown), but there hasn’t been much activity in the thread for a while. Any updates on LFS’s?

Seems like a lot of people like Aquarium Research Specialties in Malvern for corals. Is this still accurate? What about Mini Reef? Any other new stores in the area that should be on my radar to check out? Where do you buy your fish locally?

I just started cycling my tank this week, so I’m not ready for fish/corals just yet, but I may be looking to start stocking the tank with something in the next week or so… Thanks in advance everyone!

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Research Specialties in Malvern is now closed. Mike the owner moved to Florida last year. You could check out Mini Reef and/or Frags to Fishes (which is in Delaware).

Stblindtiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that’s a bummer. Shows how fast things can change in just a year. Thanks for saving me a trip over there! Anyone know anything about Coralust Reef Solutions in Phoenixville?

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that’s a bummer. Shows how fast things can change in just a year. Thanks for saving me a trip over there! Anyone know anything about Coralust Reef Solutions in Phoenixville?
Go to the swap in Lancaster next weekend at That Pet Place. Coralust will be there along with 30+ other vendors.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay far away. That place and the owner are a train wreck.
TSM is right over the bridge in NJ along with Aquarium Center. But that’s about it in the area along with the ones people already mentioned.

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I posted in the Pennsylvania Forum looking for some local fish stores Thread 'SE PA LFS' and then just found this thread.

Lots of great info here, and happy to see some users on here from real close to where I currently live (Havertown), but there hasn’t been much activity in the thread for a while. Any updates on LFS’s?

Seems like a lot of people like Aquarium Research Specialties in Malvern for corals. Is this still accurate? What about Mini Reef? Any other new stores in the area that should be on my radar to check out? Where do you buy your fish locally?

I just started cycling my tank this week, so I’m not ready for fish/corals just yet, but I may be looking to start stocking the tank with something in the next week or so… Thanks in advance everyone!
Nice I do a lot of work in havertown/lower Merion township,

I miss ASR really bad I drive to hidden reef in Bristol now for supplies they have a nice selection of coral natural pet (formerly Capt Nemo’s) is slowly getting better the manager used to run reef 2 rift store but as stated in the previous comments if your up for a drive that pet place is pretty cool

Stblindtiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay far away. That place and the owner are a train wreck.
TSM is right over the bridge in NJ along with Aquarium Center. But that’s about it in the area along with the ones people already mentioned.
I stopped in to Coralust at one point a week or so ago. They are only open Thursday to Sunday, and I stopped in on a Thursday. The owner seemed to be working on an issue with a pump on one display tank, and had myself and two other customers in the store at the same time as well as a dog who will bark at and charge whoever walks into the store. The dog isn't big, and doesn't do anything to you, but if you have a fear of dogs, I could see that being a major concern!

Overall the store looked cool from the outside. Inside, they have two huge frag tanks, and a couple display tanks, along with some dry good supplies and strangely enough a motorcycle. I wasn't in the store long, and am fairly new to corals so I won't comment on the condition of the corals, but I can see why GlassMunky said that it was a trainwreck! Just the dog being in the store, the motorcycle taking up space in the store, the owner working on one of the tanks and the two set of other customers in there all at the same time gave me some bad vibes.... the owner didn't even great me or speak to me while I was there. He seemed to have his hands full at the time, but taking into account my brief experience and the comments from GlassMunky.... I wouldn't feel comfortable adding anything from his store to my display tank without a full quarantine first. Who knows, maybe it was just an off day when I popped in???

Back