Any good bristleworm control that isn't arrow crabs or yellow coris wrasse?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those triggers are going to be hell on wheels in a 120g. Get rid of them and the stocking list will be fine.
Idk, 120 isn't recommended for a pair of pyramid butterflies, let alone 3.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at swimming space and territory... seems awfully cramped.
That is a fair concern, the anthias and cleaner wrasse wouldn't occupy much space and territory, I did add 4 really large caves in this scape, and didn't press it against the glass for the maximum swimming space and shelter, I was mainly focusing on the triggers and butterflies, as both of those prefer crevices in the rockwork for shelter, the wrasses would be sandbed dwellers and anthias and cleaner wrasse would be able to take shelter in the numerous smaller hideaways.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworm trap?
I have caught over 50 in less than 30mins with one of these!
Great for knocking down the numbers quickly.
1697060077689.png
Thisss. I used the thing and it works wonders .

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a fair concern, the anthias and cleaner wrasse wouldn't occupy much space and territory, I did add 4 really large caves in this scape, and didn't press it against the glass for the maximum swimming space and shelter, I was mainly focusing on the triggers and butterflies, as both of those prefer crevices in the rockwork for shelter, the wrasses would be sandbed dwellers and anthias and cleaner wrasse would be able to take shelter in the numerous smaller hideaways.
The triggers also need a lot of swimming room. A 4 foot tank with minimal rock work might be ok for 1, but 2 in a tank with lots of rock might not work out too well... Again, they can get to almost a foot long.

I have not had triggers nor butterflies, one reason being I didn't think my 4 foot tank would be adequate... Was going to set it back up after my upgrade as a fowlr (didn't realize some triggers were reef safe and didn't want to worry about elevated nutrients given both species need multiple feedings per day)

But I'm sure you've done your research as well and am not trying to second guess you...

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those triggers are going to be hell on wheels in a 120g. Get rid of them and the stocking list will be fine.
That is one of the fish I've planned this tank around, all of this will be gradual and will probably at least a year before I get everything in, that saying IF I get everything in
Idk, 120 isn't recommended for a pair of pyramid butterflies, let alone 3.
A 120 is a good size for a pyramid butterfly trio

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I didn't even get to that point. I saw triggers and a 4ft tank and had a what the heck moment
The triggers also need a lot of swimming room. A 4 foot tank with minimal rock work might be ok for 1, but 2 in a tank with lots of rock might not work out too well... Again, they can get to almost a foot long.

I have not had triggers nor butterflies, one reason being I didn't think my 4 foot tank would be adequate... Was going to set it back up after my upgrade as a fowlr (didn't realize some triggers were reef safe and didn't want to worry about elevated nutrients given both species need multiple feedings per day)

But I'm sure you've done your research as well and am not trying to second guess you...
They are bluethroats, which are one of the smallest and the least aggressive of the triggerfish species, only maxing out at around 7-8 inches, usually a 120 is recommended for them

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've done triggers, IMHO they are a true fowlr fish. They eat anything, everything and are outright ***holes. I do love them for their qualities tho and the uniqueness that they are.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back