Any good bristleworm control that isn't arrow crabs or yellow coris wrasse?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no fish so the worms get no food. I wonder if the fact they are out on the glass means they are starving and might die off? I have a lot, some pretty big. I only see them at night and even then they stay partially under the rock and retract when a light is shined on them. I have a lot of fish and feed heavily.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses or bristleworms?
Wrasses

IMG_6615.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will cleaner wrasse eat them? My stock list is going to be
2 bluethroat triggerfish
3 pyramid butterflies
4 leopard wrasse
1 cleaner wrasse?
3 pictillis anthias
1 coral banded shrimp (if I can get an aussie one)
1 tiger tail sea cucumber
1 hefty refeugium
1 protien skimmer always running

Tank is 4 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft, Any other inverts/small fish that will go with this stock list? Also tank is LPS dominant, which is why I'm getting pyramids instead of a copperband
I'm thinking a 4 foot tank is way too small for that stocking list...

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no fish so the worms get no food. I wonder if the fact they are out on the glass means they are starving and might die off? I have a lot, some pretty big. I only see them at night and even then they stay partially under the rock and retract when a light is shined on them. I have a lot of fish and feed heavily.
Ummm, I doubt they're not getting enough food....

I feed my tank alot despite having no fish, with my po4 being at zero (thanks to the refeugium I set up) allows me to broadcast feed my corals nightly, which gives them, along with the entire tank, enough food to easily sustain them, which is about 8 grams of food nightly, and my corals seem to enjoy it!
20231011_235504.jpg

20231011_235458.jpg
20231011_235443.jpg

Though of course so do the bristleworms, I wouldn't have hundreds if they didn't have surplus amounts of food, also I started with dry rock.....

(In case your wondering this tank is 8 months old, the rock is still white as most of the front side is shaded/low light, as this is an LPS dominant system)

KenBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for bristleworm control in my 120, so far a coral-only setup as I haven't been able to get fish in, though there is alot of bristleworms, any good control that might be easier to get in? Also, do butterflies (specifically pyramid butterflies) eat bristleworms, they're the fish I've been trying to get in.
Thanks!
Go online (Etsy worked for me) and get a bristleworm trap. Works like magic. Put a bit of foor in it. TIp -- when first submerge, make sure the air is out before putting lid on. Mine began to float when I did not account for that. Used it 3 times and losts of worms hanging half in half out and inside. Mine wont work for mega thick worms as diameter holes are too small.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking a 4 foot tank is way too small for that stocking list...
It definitely is a heavy stocking, though I have gone over this list many times with some of my local reefkeepers and they agree it should be good, though I'll probably have to upgrade my refeugium.......

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely is a heavy stocking, though I have gone over this list many times with some of my local reefkeepers and they agree it should be good, though I'll probably have to upgrade my refeugium.......
I'm looking at swimming space and territory... seems awfully cramped.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking for bristleworm control in my 120, so far a coral-only setup as I haven't been able to get fish in, though there is alot of bristleworms, any good control that might be easier to get in? Also, do butterflies (specifically pyramid butterflies) eat bristleworms, they're the fish I've been trying to get in.
Thanks!
Green bird wrasse but can get large in time

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back