Any hunters on here?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never hunted before and honestly don’t know it I have the stomach for it. I do have a safe full off rifles though.
I love hunting, but I cannot for the life of me stomach gutting my own deer. My brother in law or dad always do it for me and in return I give them some of the meat lol

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never hunted before and honestly don’t know it I have the stomach for it. I do have a safe full off rifles though.
Its def not for everyone. I like safes full of rifles, can be a rifle thread too lol. Gotta favorite/s?

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love hunting, but I cannot for the life of me stomach gutting my own deer. My brother in law or dad always do it for me and in return I give them some of the meat lol
I watched many videos to try to prepare. It actually wasnt as bad as I expected. Elk may be a bit more challenging tho haha

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Where I live in NYC I see more deer than people at night....no hunting allowed, you cant even own a dang BB.

I'm jealous just looking at your pics.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killed my first deer when I was five. My Father hated sports, but loved hunting and fishing, he said if you can’t kill it, clean it, and eat it, it is a waste of time.
I have been hunting my whole life, but to me the kill is not why I pay for a deer lease. I enjoy camp life and just sitting in the blind watching Mother Nature at its finest. I live on farm land and have never shot a deer on our property because I just love watching them. Right now the does have birthed their fawns in our corn field. I actually have a deer feeder in my front yard, right next to my box where I target shoot. I also have seen a pair of Eurasian Doves this week nesting in my Liveoak in the front yard, and I won’t shoot them either. Herb Parsons once said “Hunt with your son today, and you won’t have to hunt for them tomorrow. I would change that to kid since I took my son’s and daughter many times. She was so proud when she shot her first dove, I never laughed so hard because it was a pigeon, but it didn’t matter to her because she wanted it mounted.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hunting? Sure, but only underwater. As a reefer does that make me a hypocrite?;Facepalm While freediving the murky waters I sometimes end up having to give some of my catch to the locals just to keep them off my tail. Which is fine as long as the landlords in gray don't show up!;Wideyed
2-09-04 049.jpg
2-09-04 051.jpg

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting back into bird hunting, but its mainly about working the dogs. I do have a 6.8 AR if a hog hunt comes up. Deer are too much work, but they taste good lol

I’m a big fan of the 6.8spc. I have 2 setup for myself, excellent shooters.

I’m not much of a hunter though, I do put in for tags every other year usually or if I can find someone to hunt with. Mainly i blast problem pigeons with my cheap air rifle. Cheap break barrel gamo .177, but I’ve taken birds out to 36yds which is pretty good. I want to upgrade to a gas gun for better accuracy and push that range out a little farther.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of the 6.8spc. I have 2 setup for myself, excellent shooters.

I’m not much of a hunter though, I do put in for tags every other year usually or if I can find someone to hunt with. Mainly i blast problem pigeons with my cheap air rifle. Cheap break barrel gamo .177, but I’ve taken birds out to 36yds which is pretty good. I want to upgrade to a gas gun for better accuracy and push that range out a little farther.

I trap the pigeons to train the bird dogs lol

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used my old savage bolt action in 30:06 for every animal killed except my Cougar. Used a 30/30 for it. My new guns tend to be ornaments or plinking guns but I seldom buy new guns anymore.
We drew antelope tags for Wyoming but did not get drawn mulies. Had a point too but no draw. Our area is almost all private so usually 1 point gets the tag.
Congrats on getting tags. Fall is coming fast.
Jim

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched many videos to try to prepare. It actually wasnt as bad as I expected. Elk may be a bit more challenging tho haha

I don't hunt..don't even own a gun. I've helped gut a few deer, all fresh road kills that the local warden drops off at the hatchery where I work. The last time we did it we actually pulled up a you tube video on how to get the right cuts out..worked like a charm. I hate to waste anything so I brought some of the front shoulder and bruised bits home to finish in my kitchen, that was a mess..good thing I was single at the time. Now I would have to give my wife fair warning if there was a deer hanging around.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, how did y'all do on the draws? Draw is finished here in AZ. Im fired up, drew a Halloween muley hunt near Flagstaff, and an early December elk hunt near the Grand Canyon. Good excuse for a new rifle? What say you?!
One can never have too many firearms.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back