Any idea what this might be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seastalker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seastalker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Thousand Oaks
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up at the LFS. They said it was some time of montipora, but I would like to know a bit more specific. And if you know what it is, can you tell me growth habit, where to place in tank (high, mid, low light) and type of flow that it might light. I have just dipped it and placed in sand bed for now. Also, I am new to the forums and this is my first post. Thanks to all!
IMG_1880.JPEG
 
Probably spongodes, could also be montipora confusa. I don’t know too much about montis, but from what I do know, if you have appropriate SPS lightning, it should do fine pretty much anywhere and down lower in the tank, where you have it is fine.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new