Any long term Maxspect jump pump users?

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some reviews of the Maxspect jump return pumps. Preferably someone that’s had them up and running for a bit. They seem like a good deal but there’s very little in the way of reviews. All the reef youtubers did preliminary reviews but they seemed like they were mostly paid promos. I’m considering buying 2 of the 8k to use as dual returns in a new 240 build. The alternative is 2 Vectra M2s but that’s more than double the price.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mastiffsrule - do you have any feedback on the Maxspect Jump pump?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Peace River

So it is almost a year now. I have 1- 8 on my 180. It replaced my Ehiem 1262. My Ehiem was in service 9-10 years, so I expect performance and low maintenance.

This pump has not skipped a beat. I forget it is there. Have not heard it or cleaned it. (I don’t clean my equipment). The size is perfect, smaller than the Ehiem

Check out my build thread. I have a cheesy vid of the pump in action. I have been running at 100% for a few months to get flow thru my UV. I have it plummed to my return and branched off to my UV. I also want high flow for Sps

2 of the 8 would be ok, if you are running manifolds you may want 1 of the larger ones for that side

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is the controller wire? Max distance from pump to controller. I want to use the 12k for a basement sump return with about 10’ of head on a 120g tank with 40g breeder sump. The reason I’m asking about the length is to have the controller inside the stand under the tank instead of in the basement so I can utilize the feed function and have the ability to shut the pump off from upstairs in the inevitable event of oh s*** moments.

piscescrises

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Peace River

So it is almost a year now. I have 1- 8 on my 180. It replaced my Ehiem 1262. My Ehiem was in service 9-10 years, so I expect performance and low maintenance.

This pump has not skipped a beat. I forget it is there. Have not heard it or cleaned it. (I don’t clean my equipment). The size is perfect, smaller than the Ehiem

Check out my build thread. I have a cheesy vid of the pump in action. I have been running at 100% for a few months to get flow thru my UV. I have it plummed to my return and branched off to my UV. I also want high flow for Sps

2 of the 8 would be ok, if you are running manifolds you may want 1 of the larger ones for that side

Hi there. Do you mean you are running it inline? As in out of water ? Though not officially recommended I’m hoping to use one just so like I have with the now-defunct waveline pumps.

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update I’ve been running the 10k for about 18 months. No issues. I run it at 100% to power my skimmer. I have cleaned it twice.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 10k and the biggest one. Think it's 15k or 12k but I sometimes forget to top off my aquarium and the sump runs dry and blows air to my display...
Well this pump hasn't skipped a beat.
Think im.runming it on speed 4 and it also feeds my pellet reactor.
Prior to my upgrade I used the ramp up and down mode and I loved it.
I use waveboxes by tunze and haven't really dialed in the ramp up and down mode on my currently display. It's quiet too! Really happy overall with em.
D

ASIM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 10k and the biggest one. Think it's 15k or 12k but I sometimes forget to top off my aquarium and the sump runs dry and blows air to my display...
I use waveboxes by tunze and haven't really dialed in the ramp up and down mode on my currently display. It's quiet too! Really happy overall with em.
D
I'm think about getting the 12k,
I would like to know how noisy/silent it is at the lowest setting?
As my tank going to be in my bedroom.

ASIM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D
I'm thinking about getting the 12k one.
I would like to know how noisy/silent it is at the lowest setting?

As my tank is going to be in my bedroom.

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update…Running my 10k on full speed for almost 3 years. Have cleaned it maybe 3 times. Pump doesn’t skip a beat. It was running my skimmer, but yesterday my return pump a Vectra L2 which was 8 months newer than the jump stopped working. I didn’t have a spare so I pulled my jump off the skimmer and swapped it in as my return pump. I will be ordering a second and third jump. I will use 2 as return pumps so I have a failsafe and the 3rd will be on my skimmer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back