Any shark owners on here?

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son is begging that I get a banded cat shark for the 600 build. Can they be with Queen Angels, or Emperor Angels?

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that what the store we just left said as well. I just didn’t want to buy into a sales pitch as I know little to nothing about sharks. I don’t mind the expense that comes with one I just don’t want to hurt the lil fella either.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok back on topic, the Queen is about 2” and the Emperor Angel is about 6” so it sounds like it will be a gamble. It may be best to leave the Angels in the 240 with the triggers and just have my groupers, marine beta, and the shark in the 600 then.

BadFish619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok back on topic, the Queen is about 2” and the Emperor Angel is about 6” so it sounds like it will be a gamble. It may be best to leave the Angels in the 240 with the triggers and just have my groupers, marine beta, and the shark in the 600 then.
There you go that's a good option to have. Way I look at it, it's all a gamble. Never know a fish demeanor until you get him. But sounds like you can minimize risk. I had a ray at the same time, those were kinda cool to watch also.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife literally just asked if that means she can have her blue spot rays if the triggers, puffers and angels stay in the 240. Looks like the 600 stock list must be revisited now.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be more concerned with the Angels nipping the sharks eyes rather than the shark eating the Angels.
That’s exactly what worries me. I’ve read several stores that they will Eye the sharks eyes, yet you go on YouTube and there’s a ton of videos with triggers and larger angles in the tank with sharks. Looks like my Angels will stay with the triggers in the small tank for now and the wi few and son will be happy. Oh and I get the work and the bill! Lol

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be more concerned with the Angels nipping the sharks eyes rather than the shark eating the Angels.

This right here.

I had a shark killed by other fish nipping.

Sharks are best kept in a species tank or with just rays.

I have kept them and sold many that I hatched for people over the years.

They are also best kept in something that is round or oval or at least doesn't have 90 degree corners.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This right here.

I had a shark killed by other fish nipping.

Sharks are best kept in a species tank or with just rays.

I have kept them and sold many that I hatched for people over the years.

They are also best kept in something that is round or oval or at least doesn't have 90 degree corners.
I was just reading some of your info on previous posts. Thank you for your input!!!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just reading some of your info on previous posts. Thank you for your input!!!

You are welcome!

Let me know if I can help. I plan on having a build thread about the shark lagoon in the store we are going to open once we start on that phase of it.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dantimdad what are your thoughts on Niger Triggers, Queen Angels, and Emperor Angels with a Bamboo Shark? I’m reading so much on people adding them to a larger tank like my build ( 600 gallons ) at small sizes and never having issues. The nigers I have are about 3”, Queen Angels about 2-2 1/2” Emperor is about 6” I could leave him in the 240 and get another baby if there’s any merit to what I’m reading.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any trigger is going to target a young shark in my experience.

I never tried a large angel so I can't comment from experience, and none of my reference books state compatibility between them.

Sorry, I am no help on this one.

Back