Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried holding button down on controller to reset and the power went off and wont xome back. I have 2 controllers and they both do the same thing. When I first plug them in they light up both lights then go off. Cant get either of them to turn back on.

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried holding button down on controller to reset and the power went off and wont xome back. I have 2 controllers and they both do the same thing. When I first plug them in they light up both lights then go off. Cant get either of them to turn back on.
Figured it out thanks to Carlos. If you turn it off u have to plug it in, wait , then quickly press and release power button.

Good thing it came with directions.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My roll ran out last night. 28 days and no snags or any issues this time around.

I'm going to put some markings on the inside where I can see how far along the roll is. I don't have a view of the clean side so I've no way to gauge without some hatch marks.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the new bottom frame, it does address the snagging issue.
The other problem that I am encountering is baby snails ripping the fleece roll. Not sure if they're stomatella but probably not since they have the pointy tops that are ripping the fleece roll, ugh.........!

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been running mine now for two months which I am pretty happy with the results. I was wondering does anyone have a detritus buildup on sump floor? I figured that with a 50 micron roll there would be a minimal amount that would pass through.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s with the hatch marks so I can see exactly (roughly enough) how far into the roll I am. :)

5926070854a76de2a44e74416fc69a87.jpg

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I’ve been running mine now for two months which I am pretty happy with the results. I was wondering does anyone have a detritus buildup on sump floor? I figured that with a 50 micron roll there would be a minimal amount that would pass through.

I too have noticed this
Didnt happen with 200micron socks
Not sure why

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the difference in lower units. As u can see the rollers, as mentioned, are higher up. I had one snagging constantly and this seems to fix it. I will be requesting another one from coral vue. Also my y cable was bad, never made a good connection on one side.
949fb12beac5a17f92541abe9bbbafd3.jpg

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for a while now my motor has been struggling and I realized that the fleece was super tight again. I pulled everything out and started trying to figure out what it was. I found a sliver of fleece that must have ripped off in the channel on the new roll side (away from the removable panel). Anyway, cleared that out and we're back in business again. Hopefully we get through the roll problem free....

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ticked. This thing is snagged again... not looking forward to taking it apart again... i love how this thing works, but there’s definitely some kinks that need to be worked out :(

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I think the issue is the 90 degree turn that the fleece has to take at the 2nd roller from the new roll. I think I'm going to skip this roller next time as I believe it creates too much drag. Aside from this corner, everything else seems fine. I think the entry to the filter area shouldn't be 90 degrees, it should have a 45 degree slope into the filter zone. I hope when I rethread it on the next roller that if I skip that roller it will still do what it's supposed to. I'll keep you posted. Still only less than 1/2 through this roll... 2nd time I've had to unsnag it.

The other thing I will try is to round out the edge going down into the filter area to smooth out the pathway.

Last edited:

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty convinced right now that the 90 degree going into the filter area after the 2nd roller is the cause of the issues. I think rounding that out and skipping that roller entirely will make a much smoother transition. My issue now is having the patience to wait till it snags again...

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty convinced right now that the 90 degree going into the filter area after the 2nd roller is the cause of the issues. I think rounding that out and skipping that roller entirely will make a much smoother transition. My issue now is having the patience to wait till it snags again...

It snags and gets ripped due to those two sharp edges that are next to brackets for two white tubes. I used my dremmel and smoothed the edges, seems to have fixed it. Knock on wood. I do have an issue with my sensor though, waiting for CoralVue to address. Getting them to send helpful comments/guidance is like pulling teeth.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm haven't had trouble getting support from Coral Vue, but have mainly hit them with known issues. I'm not sure those edges are the cause as there's quite a distance between those and where the fleece is supposed to lay. It's worth smoothing in any case. If you have any pics of what you did, it would help. I'm still convinced that 90 degree travel is a problem. I'm looking forward to when I get a new roll to see how it is just skipping that roller entirely.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you believe it snagged again. I pulled it again and checked it over, everything was fine if i gave some slack. The mounts where the airtubes go had nothing to do with it whatsoever. I could see nothing there at all that could cause it. So, I decided I was going to rethread it and skip that roller that puts it in a 90 degree bend.

So much smoother. For the record I cut the fleece, rethreaded it and stapled it back together again and ran it until the staples were back in the used spool. The first roller will make sure this angle is maintained. Here’s what it looks like now.

Maybe it’s just that my motor is almost shot after all the issues its been having.

3e1b685bcdd3b7c85dffeec6ab0b438e.jpg

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, these are the parts on the inside that I dremmeled. I do think they cause the fleece to rip, especially since the fleece is wet. Few dremmel runs, some sandpaper and now super smooth.

2BE99153-20F9-4F08-BBC0-2B7845BF00D6.jpeg

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those edges could definitely be rounded and smooth. Maybe next time. I’m expecting a good result now, let’s see. Fingers crossed

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back