Any Trigger Platinum sump users out there?

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm setting float higher messes with ATO though right? my sump arrives tommorrow. ordered one a few months ago and showed up with diamond plate cracked.
anyway ive got to retro this ti q reefer 450 so ive got a fun day today. I am thinking avast ato in return pump section. i am going to put the murlock for water to be removed for awc in the extra bulkhead intended for Bean overflow. four stock tubes- awc return, Alk, Ca, and ?? maybe ab+. also current sump is a crystal sea triton custom build. HUGE FUGE but no mech filtration at all. not ever. water looks like soup at times. looking fwd to beung polished again.
anyway just thinking out loud bringing this thread back to top im sure ill have ?'s
I got mine back on black friday I'm just now getting to plumbing it but when I got mine the motor mount t was broken and brs sent me a new one and trigger sent me a new mount.

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck are these things for? ok i see from video one goes around the cable for roller but why is there two? also the "cable management"doesnt look like it can deal with too much cable. Was hoping for skimmer, roller, apex probe wires.... maybe i need to get more into it. can anyone comment?

15875091229248345453631898702596.jpg

Last edited:

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also of course this is my second ship. first ine showed up cracked this one the holder for media tray was broken off. how big of a deal will this be to just go without.

15875106109314111527985444269575.jpg

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell them to replace it or dixout it for you cause they dont want to lay shipping and use acrylic weld on to fix it and those are cable management

Chun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a little bit of a bump but i figured i would add to it since I havent seen much on them. I recently purchased a platinum 34 and had the same issue with the float switches not working come to find out that one of the wires pulled out. Its a pretty bad design honestly for something so expensive. They could have spent $5 more and made them much more secure and still be serviceable
Hi, i have the same problem whr the float switch is not working. Can you snap a photo of the inside of the wiring box, so that i can check what’s wrong? Thanks!

orionstrident

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have the same problem whr the float switch is not working. Can you snap a photo of the inside of the wiring box, so that i can check what’s wrong? Thanks!
I dont have a photo from when I did it but basically you want it in series on the screw terminals so that when the two high switches are engaged it opens the circuit not triggering the motor and when they are low it closes the circuit. Allowing the low sensor to close the circuit and advance the motor. I hope that helps Or you could jsut have one of the sensors pulled out of the screw terminals.

Chun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a photo from when I did it but basically you want it in series on the screw terminals so that when the two high switches are engaged it opens the circuit not triggering the motor and when they are low it closes the circuit. Allowing the low sensor to close the circuit and advance the motor. I hope that helps Or you could jsut have one of the sensors pulled out of the screw terminals.
Alright will try to fix it. thanks so much :)

ChicagoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a Trigger Platinum26 and installed on April 9th. It appears I will get about 3 weeks on the first fleece roll. Water is clearer and Nitrate and Phosphate have lowered. Hoping I get at least 5 weeks on future rolls. Overall I really love this sump. Big upgrade from my last sump (Trigger Sapphire 26). I really liked that sump, but did not like the regular maintenance on the socks or lacking dosing ports built in to the sump. Does appear to have a lot of tension on gear, but works reliably. Thought I would share my experience.

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also of course this is my second ship. first ine showed up cracked this one the holder for media tray was broken off. how big of a deal will this be to just go without.

@becon776 Don't try and get them to repair it, you've waited long enough, who knows how long until they got around to that. It should be an easy fix. Check with local plastic suppliers in your area for a small can of Weld-on #3 or #4(3 dries a little quicker) or maybe get Trigger Sys to send you a small vile of it.

If you hold the part back in place and put a small drop or two at the seam it will wick into where it broke off and bond it back on. You'll need to hold it there firmly for about 30 seconds, give it a full 24 hours to fully cure and it should be good to go. Hope this helps you.

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd see what they say did you get it from trigger or a online retailer they sent me a new one and told me to keep the one that had a broken fleece mount cause it cost so much to ship. Then trigger sent me the part free so I had 2 of them. And the weld on is the same thing they use I'd try it on something else to get a little practice cause it's like water and find something to hold it in place that is not plastic or acrylic.

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm @Dabcrusher interesting plumbing idea. im using that and bought a 1" cap drulling it running dosing line/ murlock/ 1/4" rigid plastic tubing & putting on the cutout near the roller mat. using it for the water out for awc.

So they sent me the glue and was able to fix the media tray. However, the roller is bad machine and bonds the gear in one rotation.

fwiw sump is in. pita to plumb it to reefer tank. But its done. now im trying to figure out where the hell to put everything. Find it strange that skimmer is in same compartment as probes. and ill be danged if i can fit my media reactor. also anyone with a trident? where to put sample line?

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tbh trigger has immediately sent needed parts. glue for the media tray holder and replacement gear and dirty roller mat holder (the one that spins) should be in mail now. frustrating that i cant talk to anyone on phone but email worked nonetheless. picks will be coming ti show where i put everything. still gotta fugure out this "cable management" bc the screws for the "channel run" seem to short ti accomodate skimmer, probe wires, and roller mat float wires.

15885552618586514643166428945920.jpg

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so until i receive new dirty roller i have ti advance it manually. all i can say is WHOA. FIRST 12 HRS OMG!

20200504_134912.jpg

justusgra1998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@becon776 Don't try and get them to repair it, you've waited long enough, who knows how long until they got around to that. It should be an easy fix. Check with local plastic suppliers in your area for a small can of Weld-on #3 or #4(3 dries a little quicker) or maybe get Trigger Sys to send you a small vile of it.

If you hold the part back in place and put a small drop or two at the seam it will wick into where it broke off and bond it back on. You'll need to hold it there firmly for about 30 seconds, give it a full 24 hours to fully cure and it should be good to go. Hope this helps you.

click test
They sent me a new one and told me to keep the one that had a broken fleece mount cause it cost so much to ship. Then trigger sent me the part free so I had 2 of them.

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally running on all cylinders. now im ginna look back bc i think there were some spec on this motor.

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id love to get specs on this motor. i am thinking how good it woukd be to wire it up and connect to one of those useless 24v dc outlets on my apex.

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm @Dabcrusher interesting plumbing idea. im using that and bought a 1" cap drulling it running dosing line/ murlock/ 1/4" rigid plastic tubing & putting on the cutout near the roller mat. using it for the water out for awc.

So they sent me the glue and was able to fix the media tray. However, the roller is bad machine and bonds the gear in one rotation.

fwiw sump is in. pita to plumb it to reefer tank. But its done. now im trying to figure out where the hell to put everything. Find it strange that skimmer is in same compartment as probes. and ill be danged if i can fit my media reactor. also anyone with a trident? where to put sample line?
i got the cube so mines set up a little diffferent but i just got a bashsea skimmer so it has to go on the out sude so im making the skimmer section a fuge and the fuge a display fuge

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tbh trigger has immediately sent needed parts. glue for the media tray holder and replacement gear and dirty roller mat holder (the one that spins) should be in mail now. frustrating that i cant talk to anyone on phone but email worked nonetheless. picks will be coming ti show where i put everything. still gotta fugure out this "cable management" bc the screws for the "channel run" seem to short ti accomodate skimmer, probe wires, and roller mat float wires.

15885552618586514643166428945920.jpg
what size is this platinum sump

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back