Any Trigger Platinum sump users out there?

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes sir i am aware of that, was asking in reference to his photo because i have the same skimmer but didnt think i would have enough room for a good sized refuge.

Ah ok my bad. I also have the same skimmer (I believe that’sa reefi to regal 150).

i have the platinum 39. Don’t mind the wires.Older picture. Ive cleaned up I swear!!! actually made my fuge bigger. I’ll post a pic tm if you need me to show the size of the fuge. Go with the larger size sump if you can fit it.

9BF1C038-5665-43AD-8404-A7AC0E70C17B.jpeg

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok my bad. I also have the same skimmer (I believe that’sa reefi to regal 150).

i have the platinum 39. Don’t mind the wires.Older picture. Ive cleaned up I swear!!! actually made my fuge bigger. I’ll post a pic tm if you need me to show the size of the fuge. Go with the larger size sump if you can fit it.

9BF1C038-5665-43AD-8404-A7AC0E70C17B.jpeg
i was wondering i was plumb I ng my trigger plati b um sump toa TV and i cant find my power supply for the motor . you wouldnt happen to have a pic of what it look like do ya .

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the sump is great but the sensors they give you are very delicate. My new on going issue is the sensor in my my drain chamber doesn’t kick on sometimes, which doesn’t engage the roller, which causes a buildup in the drain chamber,
Lowering my water level in the sump, which kicks on my ATO and messes with my salinity. Starting to get really upset with this. I’ve reached out to trigger and they sent me an email about performing a sanity check.

Come on trigger - $1100 sump and I need to mess around with your sensors? Very disappointing.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So far happy with my Platinum 26". I was getting a ton of large air bubbles popping up loud as hell into the fleece roller section from where the 2 drain section is. It's really air tight with the gasket and my plumbing causing the large bubbles as the chamber became pressurized and pushed into the next section after building up. Removed one of the thumb screws from the drain holder and the air quickly escaped and stopped the bubbles and annoying sound. Just a heads up in case anyone else is experiencing this, its an easy fix

ChicagoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sump - I have the same Platinum 26. Great concept - a few practical issues. I have had the sump over 6 months. I have had fleece "hangs" or rips or uneven feed at least a couple dozen times. Due to my setup, it is a hassle to fix. It is VERY loud. I will try the suggestion above. This sump is WAY louder than my old Triggersys Sump. When it works, it is awesome. No issues on mine with the initial setup - all worked as advertised.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice sump - I have the same Platinum 26. Great concept - a few practical issues. I have had the sump over 6 months. I have had fleece "hangs" or rips or uneven feed at least a couple dozen times. Due to my setup, it is a hassle to fix. It is VERY loud. I will try the suggestion above. This sump is WAY louder than my old Triggersys Sump. When it works, it is awesome. No issues on mine with the initial setup - all worked as advertised.

My system is running dead silent now after doing that little trick. What is your drain setup? I have this tank with this style of drain and its the quietest drain I've ever ran

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I keep the flow slow, mine is very quiet. But if I try to increase the flow, then the chamber with the fleece fills up and it makes a lot of splashing noise when it overflows and comes out of the bypass

ChicagoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is running dead silent now after doing that little trick. What is your drain setup? I have this tank with this style of drain and its the quietest drain I've ever ran
Much better now. Reef2reef should have a Mac Gyver award, I would nominate you. Thanks

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s the 10 inch wide fleece. I have the platinum 34inch. That would be odd if we both had different power cables
I hit trigger up and they sent me a new power supply and the gearbox they said they changdd it cause it was messing up and stripping the gears so just in casd i got mine before they cahanged it and sent a bigger gear to put on it. Mi es working great. I only turn mine over 3 time an hour so i have slow flow. My nitrates have gone down so much that i am dosing no³ and po4 now

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hit trigger up and they sent me a new power supply and the gearbox they said they changdd it cause it was messing up and stripping the gears so just in casd i got mine before they cahanged it and sent a bigger gear to put on it. Mi es working great. I only turn mine over 3 time an hour so i have slow flow. My nitrates have gone down so much that i am dosing no³ and po4 now
You have the platinum cube, maybe that's why we had different power supplies. I like you build thread.

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the platinum cube, maybe that's why we had different power supplies. I like you build thread.
Appreciate it . It never stops changing i have had that sump for a year this black friday i won it from brs i got a bunch of bashsea stuff but dont have room for the skimmer and ill be getting a new tank after the new year . I work at algaebarn and get a killer deal of the new Cade s2 aquariums since we are the sole distributer in the US. Cant wait.

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it . It never stops changing i have had that sump for a year this black friday i won it from brs i got a bunch of bashsea stuff but dont have room for the skimmer and ill be getting a new tank after the new year . I work at algaebarn and get a killer deal of the new Cade s2 aquariums since we are the sole distributer in the US. Cant wait.
Lucky you. Are you going to change to a different sump when you switch to the Cade? You work at Algaebarn, why don't you guys ever have cheato. LOL, just messing. I have been wanting to order some from you guys for a while.

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im probably taking the glass sump out and use the trigger. The cade sumps are real nice but i hate filter socks. I actually am the one that grows the chaeto LoL we can only sell so much of it there actually alot that goes into growing it without fish poop also. But if we sell to much then the next week it will be less and so on we got some big plans there though and the owner is a super smart guy. It wont be long

Dabcrusher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky you. Are you going to change to a different sump when you switch to the Cade? You work at Algaebarn, why don't you guys ever have cheato. LOL, just messing. I have been wanting to order some from you guys for a while.
You should sign up on the out of stock list and we update inventory on fridays at 4 mst

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back