Anybody get Lasik?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So i just got custom bladeless Lasik a week ago. Its kind of amazing and im sort of in disbelief by it. Anybody get it? How was your experience? Did you avoid staring at the tank for awhile?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could.....but I am kinda afraid with anything involving eyes. I can picture the doctor sneezing right when he goes to make a cut :-(

OP
OP
infinite0180

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish I could.....but I am kinda afraid with anything involving eyes. I can picture the doctor sneezing right when he goes to make a cut :-(
Haha alot of people share this same fear. For some reason i was totally ok with it. It really is a miracle!

Michael E.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had it last October! Best thing ever! However, they did have to redo the corneal flap in my left eye 2 times....it kept wrinkling. Besides that, all good

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have any complications from it, and how long did it to take to heal. I've wanted to get lasik for years now but have never got up the nerve to do it.

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have any complications from it, and how long did it to take to heal. I've wanted to get lasik for years now but have never got up the nerve to do it.
No complications, better than 20/20 vision.

Not going to lie, it's freaky, but the entire procedure was about 5 minutes total across both eyes. Would definitely do it again.

My eyes burned like crazy immediately after-popped some Zquil, slept for a few hours and woke up fine. Just mild tenderness for a couple of days, and then all was good.

My wife also got it but she got it a bit too young so her vision still got worse so she does have to wear contacts again, even though her prescription is very mild. I recommend waiting until you're sure that your vision has stopped degrading (work with your eye doctor).

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not going to lie, it's freaky, but the entire procedure was about 5 minutes total across both eyes. Would definitely do it again.

My eyes burned like crazy immediately after-popped some Zquil, slept for a few hours and woke up fine. Just mild tenderness for a couple of days, and then all was good.

My wife also got it but she got it a bit too young so her vision still got worse so she does have to wear contacts again, even though her prescription is very mild. I recommend waiting until you're sure that your vision has stopped degrading (work with your eye doctor).
Ok thanks. I'm nearly 40 and I haven't had to change prescriptions for my contacts in about 10 years so I'd say I'm good to have it done. I may start seriously look into having it done. I've always been afraid of healing time but it seems like I've probably worried for no reason.

Michael E.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very minor complication. Corneal Striae, like little wrinkles in the flap that can distort vision. Its not uncommon and 100% fixable. Even knowing that, i still would get it again. most places give you courage in the form of xanex. This was the case for me. I slept for 24 hours strait and the surgery still feels like a dream lol.

Drs recommend not looking at screens only because of eye strain and the chance of your eyes drying out post surgery. i would imagine that a fish tank can strain your eyes. I would guess most dr's would say give it a rest for at least a day or two.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for that advice. They are advertising plans at about $100 a month around here. My daughter has had terrible eyesight since she was a kid. Contacts are a no go because she has astygmatism. She is forever losing her glasses and I worry about her driving. She is 21 and planning on having kids next year. I was considering setting her up for Lasik but you make a good point.... what if it is too soon?

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just recently had cataract surgery both eyes (on at a time lol). With multi focus lenses.
After decades of near sightedness I'm almost 20/20 now. And don't need glasses for reading and computer work.

FWIW

OP
OP
infinite0180

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great info here! Yesterday was one week for me and i agree with what everyone is saying here. Very little discomfort the first few days. The worst part is when the numbing drops wear off an hour after but by then your home and in bed with a pretty good xanax buzz going. Tomorrow i see the doc again and soo far no problems!

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that advice. They are advertising plans at about $100 a month around here. My daughter has had terrible eyesight since she was a kid. Contacts are a no go because she has astygmatism. She is forever losing her glasses and I worry about her driving. She is 21 and planning on having kids next year. I was considering setting her up for Lasik but you make a good point.... what if it is too soon?
My wife will have to go back and get it done again, and you can only do that once or twice. She was good for probably 5-6 years, but also got it done in her early 20's. Worth a consultation with your eye doctor.

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get it more than once. Sometimes places offer a "warranty" so that if your eyes do change years post surgery, they will correct at no extra expense.
You cannot get it infinite amount of times though. I'm pretty sure the way it works is they shave some off your cornea, and there is only so much you can cut off. You can definitely give it more than once, but not forever.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it done 20 years ago. All lasers. Both eyes. My vision was terrible. Immediately after it was about 20/15. Amazing. Now 20yrs later it’s very slowly getting worse but not even close to needing contacts again.
My only issue is my night vision is a bit worse.

I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Back