Anyone else having issues with Mobius?

IamJoHo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gen 4 xr15 thats setup on Mobius. Today the app will not open. Tried removing and reinstalling it. Power cycling my phone. Has anyone else seen a recent issue with the app. Looks like there was a update on the 13th of May.

Honestly I wish this light was never put on Mobius. Anyone want to trade me their gen4 so I can use it on my ReefLink.

deahttub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gen 4 xr15 thats setup on Mobius. Today the app will not open. Tried removing and reinstalling it. Power cycling my phone. Has anyone else seen a recent issue with the app. Looks like there was a update on the 13th of May.

Honestly I wish this light was never put on Mobius. Anyone want to trade me their gen4 so I can use it on my ReefLink.
Just opened mobius and its running my G5’s with no issue....id call ecotech. They will help ya...

OP
OP
IamJoHo

IamJoHo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually just figured it out. I turned off my bluetooth the other day. Turned BT back on and the app no longer crashes. Turn BT off and the app crashes. Would be great if it didn't crash and just a request to turn bluetooth on.

deahttub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually just figured it out. I turned off my bluetooth the other day. Turned BT back on and the app no longer crashes. Turn BT off and the app crashes. Would be great if it didn't crash and just a request to turn bluetooth on.
Im hoping there is eventually going to be a ‘brain’ that we can access via the internet instead of bluetooth...

OP
OP
IamJoHo

IamJoHo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe but doubtful. Im not a fan. Not to mention no more integration with a Apex. Completely killed upgrading to G5 for me.

deahttub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe but doubtful. Im not a fan. Not to mention no more integration with a Apex. Completely killed upgrading to G5 for me.

i never had the issues that others had with the G5’s, but then again i got my units mid april....i like having the control of an apex (i have one) but im hoping ecotech puts their spin on it..their build quality and customer service are second to none

OP
OP
IamJoHo

IamJoHo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This I will agree with I do like the customer service and the hardware. I just feel like Mobius is a huge miss and forcing it being the only option is an even bigger miss. This might have been acceptable if they already had a full system like the Apex that was already up and running.

Naboria79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problems with mobius either, since I'm still waiting for my lights..

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back