Anyone else having problems with Cobalt Aquatics honoring their warranty?

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an eight month old 75w NeoTherm heater that failed back in August. I contacted Cobalt Aquatics via email and responded to all of their requests for photos and documentation. They indicated that it was covered under warranty and they would send a replacement as soon as their next shipment arrived. I've contacted them every couple of weeks since then and always get the same answer that they will ship a replacement as soon as a shipment arrives.

It should not take three months to get a replacement. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having an issue as well. I bought the Rescue + Air air pump it lasted about 9 months and well not charge anymore, kinda hard to be an emergency air back up pump.
So I contacted them and they wanted a receipt.
Will the online stores do not provide a receipt just shipping information, so I told them that and they stated just take a picture of the invoice from the computer and send them that, So I did.
They stated that they needed more, so then I found and emailed a picture of the actual sales receipt from BRS yeah I have not heard anything back yet.
So far it has been ring around the rosey.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's all pretty disappointing. I have yet to have any issues with there products. Having my first heater die just last week after 4 years (Which to be fair is longer than they probably should be used). Had led me to believe they are pretty good quality heaters. But your experience is giving me pause, I'm not a particular fan of companies that don't back there products, especially after only a few months of use.

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an eight month old 75w NeoTherm heater that failed back in August. I contacted Cobalt Aquatics via email and responded to all of their requests for photos and documentation. They indicated that it was covered under warranty and they would send a replacement as soon as their next shipment arrived. I've contacted them every couple of weeks since then and always get the same answer that they will ship a replacement as soon as a shipment arrives.

It should not take three months to get a replacement. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any suggestions on how to proceed?
I had a 100 watt Neo therm fail after a year. It took them about 3-4months to get me a replacement. While I like their product the customer service is not good. So I started to buy Eheim and I’ll just replace every year.

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of their heaters fail after a year. Still waiting on a replacement. I will use it for in my mixing station but will never trust it in my tank.
20191011_203745.jpg

GrumpyDaddy68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of weeks ago one of my heaters 50W Accu-Term Submersible Heater (Cobalt Aquatics); failed when trying to heat water inside a 5gal buckets (it exploded inside the bucket).

Just to make the story short.

Cobalt Aquatics explained in a email that it had been my fault (dropped it or exposed to air) and that they won't be honoring the warranty. The problem here is that is just my word against there's... guess who won?

It really surprising that such a well branded company do this.

Just my two cents...

Heater.jpg

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a neotherm due after 6 months warranty people were a hassle wanted to make returns as hard as possible and kept asking me to reset the heater like it’s got some sort of known bug. Would never buy again too expensive for that ****** quality and service

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cobalt finally sent me my Rescue+Air under a warranty claim, they stated that they are low pumps and our waiting for a re stock. I am sorry others are still having issue with their claims.

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with my heater, it took close to 6 months for a replacement to arrive (I actually had forgotten about it, so it was kinda like Christmas). If Cobalt says you are in the system don't worry it will eventually come.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back